Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  879
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1520
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    The Age also reporting that Oliver met with Geelong team members.

….Clayton Oliver was sold a star-studded midfield dream when he met Geelong vice-captain Tom Stewart and premiership ruckman Rhys Stanley at Stanley’s farm on Tuesday.

…. Oliver, Stanley and Stewart discussed the prospect of a Geelong midfield in 2025 being made up of Bailey Smith – who is expected to join from the Western Bulldogs on a six-year deal – Max Holmes, Jack Bowes, Tanner Bruhn, Patrick Dangerfield and Oliver.

Sorry, too hard to post the entire vomit-inducing article.
    This RuRaL LiFe$tYlE in no way subsidised by the Geelong football club or its benefactors. All above board, I bet Stanley's farm cost him at least $50,000.

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Geelong think they don't don't have to give up much then they are dreaming.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    But the issue for the Dees is that rival clubs have made it clear they no longer hold a level of interest in Oliver that would see them part with anything significant in a trade, nor anything significant when it comes to fulfilling his significant contract.

This must make the decision pretty easy for the Dees. You'd only get rid of him for a good start hand or salary cap relief. Otherwise you just back yourselves in to get at least one good season and build his currency up again.
    You would think so but it sounds like the board have had a gutful of him and aren't seeing eye to eye with the footy department. Will be an interesting watch.

If he walks to the cats for a packet of twisties and suddenly returns to the old Oliver I'll do a Terry Wallace and spew up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If Geelong think they don't don't have to give up much then they are dreaming.
    He comes with a 6 year contract on big coin. I think a side could get him for nothing if they took on his entire contract as Dees would see complete salary dump as a win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    He comes with a 6 year contract on big coin. I think a side could get him for nothing if they took on his entire contract as Dees would see complete salary dump as a win.
    If I was clarry I'd want to be at the cats for sure.

Cats won't want to take on his salary, and won't want to give up any currency. They'll offer a third round pick and make the demons contribute 300k annually.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You would think so but it sounds like the board have had a gutful of him and aren't seeing eye to eye with the footy department. Will be an interesting watch.

If he walks to the cats for a packet of twisties and suddenly returns to the old Oliver I'll do a Terry Wallace and spew up.
    Agreed I'd leave football.

Hopefully he stays and remains Melbourne's worse nightmare.

I thought we hit a slump post-2016 the Dee's are making us look like millionaires.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

From Twomeys latest on AFL.com.au:

The Suns' pick No.6 will be put forward for Rioli, with the Tigers at this stage expected to look for more in return for the 27-year-old, who is contracted with Richmond for another three seasons. He has a five-year offer from the Suns.

Gold Coast also holds picks 12, 20, 26, 38, 46 and 74 this year, as well as its full 2025 hand of picks, with a number of clubs chasing the Suns' No.12 pick. Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Sydney are among the clubs who have interest in the pick, which is up for grabs due to incoming Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

WESTERN Bulldogs small forward Riley Garcia is closing in on making a call on his future, with a decision expected this week.

Garcia has been weighing his future, with the Dogs having a two-year contract offer in front of him.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading reported last month Port Adelaide, West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbourne had expressed varying levels of interest in Garcia, who has been looking for more midfield opportunities.

The trade requests from Jack Macrae and Bailey Smith could open up those chances at his current club, although the Dogs are also chasing GWS midfield pair James Peatling and Xavier O'Halloran.

Garcia kicked five goals from 12 games this year and is among a group of small forwards who have been considering their options this trade period.

Matt Owies has been told to explore his trade chances elsewhere by Carlton, who are yet to offer him a new deal after his 33-goal season at the Blues.

Joe Richards is also weighing up Port Adelaide's strong interest against Collingwood's three-year offer.

10. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was clarry I'd want to be at the cats for sure.

Cats won't want to take on his salary, and won't want to give up any currency. They'll offer a third round pick and make the demons contribute 300k annually.
    DIdn't the Cats take on Bowes as a salary dump (also getting a first rounder in the deal) for a third rounder, then allegedly renegotiate his salary?

I read that "renegotiate" meant move some of it off books. Maybe they do the same thing here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

This is very Stringeresque, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

From Twomeys latest on AFL.com.au:

The Suns' pick No.6 will be put forward for Rioli, with the Tigers at this stage expected to look for more in return for the 27-year-old, who is contracted with Richmond for another three seasons. He has a five-year offer from the Suns.
    That's mind-blowing. The Tigers should shake hands on that at 9.01am on Monday morning before the Suns work out what they've done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    That's mind-blowing. The Tigers should shake hands on that at 9.01am on Monday morning before the Suns work out what they've done.
    They're a generous lot those Suns. We should have offered them McComb last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Did you miss the bit where it says "the tigers are expected to look for more"!!! More than pick 6?? For Daniel Rioli???

And we're haggling over whether we get one or two bags of chips off the cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you miss the bit where it says "the tigers are expected to look for more"!!! More than pick 6?? For Daniel Rioli???

And we're haggling over whether we get one or two bags of chips off the cats.
    Good Coast are a feeder club guys. Sorry, thought you knew.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like we're the only club that didn't take advantage of GC.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Feels like we're the only club that didn't take advantage of GC.
    Yep we should be all over this.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"