Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  22
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Afl360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Afl360

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Lyon might be a good analyst but gee he is hard to understand. Not sure if he mumbles or what but I need to turn the volume up just to find out what he is on aboutv(maybe it is an age thing!!)
    Yep another bumbling, mumbling fool
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Its interesting how we instantly think of what ex footballer would suit the show but its worth noting Robbo is a journo and I think part of the show is to get a view of what's going on behind the scenes and break stories rather than just pure analytics. I think Kingy and Joey do a great job on the football analytics and would love that to be brought forward to Monday nights rather than the standard rhetoric from the coaches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Its interesting how we instantly think of what ex footballer would suit the show but its worth noting Robbo is a journo and I think part of the show is to get a view of what's going on behind the scenes and break stories rather than just pure analytics. I think Kingy and Joey do a great job on the football analytics and would love that to be brought forward to Monday nights rather than the standard rhetoric from the coaches.
    Yes and Robbo is more of a fan of the game than anyone else in the media. It's always felt like having a representative of the supporters there on the panel. I'll miss that, and his opposing dynamic with Whateley. Can't see myself going back to the show next year, it won't be the same.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    They do their analysis on Sunday night, it would be a double up.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    They do their analysis on Sunday night, it would be a double up.
    Yeah good point, wasn't always like that just think the coaches are a bore outside of Bevo's performance early in the season which for me was a turning point.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Yes and Robbo is more of a fan of the game than anyone else in the media. It's always felt like having a representative of the supporters there on the panel. I'll miss that, and his opposing dynamic with Whateley. Can't see myself going back to the show next year, it won't be the same.
    I have a couple of former work colleagues who love his passion on the show and the fact he often says the things they say at games.
    He certainly had his admirers.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I was well over his taking his glasses on and off , waving his arms around while ticking and reading things from the herald sun.
    Robbo rambled on about nothing most of the time and was half tanked in some shows , he definitely had a huge opinion of himself .
    Whateley always stayed on the fence like he was afraid to go against Robbos ramblings, the times he didn’t agree Robbo would jump down his throat.
    He would suck up to guests but a week before was berating them .. eg the Bevo episode.
    Stopped watching it. I feel I lost brain cells after every episode.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I was well over his taking his glasses on and off , waving his arms around while ticking and reading things from the herald sun.
    Robbo rambled on about nothing most of the time and was half tanked in some shows , he definitely had a huge opinion of himself .
    Whateley always stayed on the fence like he was afraid to go against Robbos ramblings, the times he didn’t agree Robbo would jump down his throat.
    He would suck up to guests but a week before was berating them .. eg the Bevo episode.
    Stopped watching it. I feel I lost brain cells after every episode.
    I don't understand how he lasted 14 years
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.