Thanks Thanks:  161
Likes Likes:  926
Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1583
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Fully agree. And I'm on record here as being blindly spiteful about Dunkley, under-playing the hole he left in our midfield, and death-riding his poor performances since 2021 in the vain hope he'd turn out to be less good for Brissie than he was for us.

Problem is, he was every bit as good as he seemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I was on record saying I didn't think we'd miss him that much but he's actually exactly what we've missed.
    Could be worse, you could be the guy who started the thread of trade Dunkley....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

THE FUTURE of Western Bulldogs small forward Riley Garcia remains unclear, with AFL.com.au's Josh Gabelich reporting his future is tied up in that of Collingwood's Joe Richards.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading reported last month Port Adelaide, West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbourne had expressed varying levels of interest in Garcia, who has been looking for more midfield opportunities.

Gabelich says the Power are the frontrunners should Garcia decide to leave, but that Port's priority at the moment is luring Richards away from the Magpies.

"He got a lot of support in the room last night (at the Bulldogs' best and fairest), there's a lot of love for him," Gabelich said on Trade Exchange.

"Port Adelaide is the one. I believe if he is to leave the Western Bulldogs, it will be to Port Adelaide.

"But they've got other priorities at the moment ... they're narrowing in on Joe Richards and I think if Richards stays at Collingwood, the Power will pivot to Garcia.

"I think there's a belief now that he will stay at the Western Bulldogs." - Martin Smith

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how Garcia's desire for more midfield minutes will be any better at Port unless he already knows Butters is heading our way.

4. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    THE FUTURE of Western Bulldogs small forward Riley Garcia remains unclear, with AFL.com.au's Josh Gabelich reporting his future is tied up in that of Collingwood's Joe Richards.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading reported last month Port Adelaide, West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbourne had expressed varying levels of interest in Garcia, who has been looking for more midfield opportunities.

Gabelich says the Power are the frontrunners should Garcia decide to leave, but that Port's priority at the moment is luring Richards away from the Magpies.

"He got a lot of support in the room last night (at the Bulldogs' best and fairest), there's a lot of love for him," Gabelich said on Trade Exchange.

"Port Adelaide is the one. I believe if he is to leave the Western Bulldogs, it will be to Port Adelaide.

"But they've got other priorities at the moment ... they're narrowing in on Joe Richards and I think if Richards stays at Collingwood, the Power will pivot to Garcia.

"I think there's a belief now that he will stay at the Western Bulldogs." - Martin Smith
    Port Adelaide would be the worst choice for him. How many young gun midfielders do they have? He is going to be behind more mids than the Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

That will be very welcome news if that is the case. He is a required player whom has considerable upside. Fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Cal Twomey said yesterday that SDK won't be going anywhere and wants to stay at Geelong. Not sure what's true but Twomey's mail generally seems pretty decent.
    For sure I'd generally go with Twomey over random BF posts but it's silly season and I find the speculation fun. It's also what his manager said but these things can move quickly sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

For sure I'd generally go with Twomey over random BF posts but it's silly season and I find the speculation fun. It's also what his manager said but these things can move quickly sometimes.
    Oh yeah, for sure mate - not knocking your post at all, just popping some other views out there as well

9. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Port Adelaide would be the worst choice for him. How many young gun midfielders do they have? He is going to be behind more mids than the Bulldogs.
    He is the exact type of mid they need. They need more ''rounded'' players who defend, because besides Drew the rest like running just one way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Could be worse, you could be the guy who started the thread of trade Dunkley....
    I can't remember if that was you or your alter ego
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Go back to the first page of that legendary thread and tell me the handsome devil who started it was wrong.....
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

@tommorris32 - reports that Gold Coast midfielder Brayden Fiorini is having a look around. ?He?s got one year left on a deal. There is a desire from his camp to see if there?s a home out there.?

Played ok at the start of the year and dropped off mid way through
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He is the exact type of mid they need. They need more ''rounded'' players who defend, because besides Drew the rest like running just one way.
    I don't see Garcia as being particularly well rounded. He can lay a tackle when it lines up for him but I don't think his defensive positioning or running is that good yet.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    @tommorris32 - reports that Gold Coast midfielder Brayden Fiorini is having a look around. ?He?s got one year left on a deal. There is a desire from his camp to see if there?s a home out there.?

Played ok at the start of the year and dropped off mid way through
    Midfield accumulator with suspect disposal. There's a reason he has struggled for a game at gold coast for the last few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Midfield accumulator with suspect disposal. There's a reason he has struggled for a game at gold coast for the last few years.
    Big no for this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep Garcia please, he had an interrupted preseason last year and still made significant gains. A full preseason and he can become best 22.