Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charles Sutton Medal 2024

Awesome effort by Bont. In terms of being a team first player he fits the mould perfectly, and whilst he probably didn?t have his most outstanding season, he was the ultimate team player which helps in these types of awards.

I always like to scan the top 20 for snippets into how the MC view individual performances, and I am immediately drawn to English & our 3 key forwards being outside the top 10. Naughts missed a chunk of the season due to injury so can be excused, and Darce was playing his first full season but given the high proportion we will spend on these 4 over the coming years we will need all to push in to the top 5-10 spots if we are to climb up the ladder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Logo for next year.
    Love it. It is freakin awesome.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved the reception the room gave to Lobb after winning best team player/finals player, throughly deserved.

5. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, EasternWest, Doc26, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What else can you say about Bontempelli?

Best player I have seen by a long way and the gap is getting greater.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Has a player won Most Improved in his first year with the club before? Is it based on improvement from last year?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

9. Likes bulldogtragic, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested to hear more re Joel Freijah as potential captain material - did he speak well?

It’s brilliant to see Bont win, as much as I would have loved it to be Adz, it seems right that Bont takes his sixth and is set up to at least equal Westy with 7 come the end of his career.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Has a player won Most Improved in his first year with the club before? Is it based on improvement from last year?
    I hear this vote was awarded based on woof commentary. The season started with "turnover merchant get rid of him wasted trade" and ended with "you know he's actually pretty good".
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I hear this vote was awarded based on woof commentary. The season started with "turnover merchant get rid of him wasted trade" and ended with "you know he's actually pretty good".
    Began like that for some of us anyway.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Began like that for some of us anyway.
    Hey I wasn't one of them. I was in the "needs to be tidier but looks like he's got a bit to work with" camp and I was vindicated.

I'm mindful of gloating too much though, did Cam Wight win most improved one year?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo has looked a little cooked at these events in the past but watched his speech online last night I reckon he is back in form just looks healthy and positive the changes at the start of the year have really helped him.

I know we were poor against the Hoks but I reckon he and the playing group have gained some more belief this year and even though it it sad that Macare and Daniel may leave there looks to be method to the madness going forward. I just wish Sam Power can land him a hard working/natural high half forward I think it could become a game changer for us, we cant continue to play both VDM and Mcsteal at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see Mitch Wallis and Brian Lake amongst the red carpet photos. Do many past players generally attend the B&F for those that have been?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Bevo has looked a little cooked at these events in the past but watched his speech online last night I reckon he is back in form just looks healthy and positive the changes at the start of the year have really helped him.

I know we were poor against the Hoks but I reckon he and the playing group have gained some more belief this year and even though it it sad that Macare and Daniel may leave there looks to be method to the madness going forward. I just wish Sam Power can land him a hard working/natural high half forward I think it could become a game changer for us, we cant continue to play both VDM and Mcsteal at the same time.
    He made a comment about the club bringing in Matt Egan and it appears to have been a great move for the coaching group and would probably free up Bevo a bit more.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He made a comment about the club bringing in Matt Egan and it appears to have been a great move for the coaching group and would probably free up Bevo a bit more.
    He mentioned pretty much every key person at the club from the President down except for one: the Head of Football.

It indicates that their relationship hasn't improved.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Bevo's speech was incoherent and rambling.
    Standard Bevo! Wtf was he on about the Lion and the hunting bah I've got nfi !

Didn't top the no snow button classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I thought Bevo's speech was incoherent and rambling.
    Standard Bevo! Wtf was he on about the Lion and the hunting bah I've got nfi !

Didn't top the no snow button classic.
    It didn't seem to be one of his better efforts. The strange part is all the way through the season his communication to the media and on TV was pretty good. Last night wasn't consistent with what we saw during the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post