Thanks Thanks:  162
Likes Likes:  959
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1623
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

I would have liked Peatling, back to kicking rocks.

2. Likes chef, The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Let?s face it midway through the year if Peatling had of nominated us we would have been like who us this guy? Don?t want him. Suddenly he becomes trade target # 1. We don?t land him and now we are not a destination club.

Sure it is disappointing but it ain?t the end of the world. We will rise and find ways to attract quality players in the future. We are in way better shape list wise and club wise then a lot of other teams.
    He had a pretty good finals series which stood out to most people who didn't know much about him. He would have been a great fit for our team. I don't think this is an "oh well" moment, we should be genuinely disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming it's money based if the Sydney boy left Sydney for Adelaide of all places. Handy get but is he that good that he should be on a 4 year deal? Could easy be one that people complain about a couple years in

5. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    He had a pretty good finals series which stood out to most people who didn't know much about him. He would have been a great fit for our team. I don't think this is an "oh well" moment, we should be genuinely disappointed.
    Fair enough. I see it differently and not too fussed about missing out on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I would have liked Peatling, back to kicking rocks.
    I read this as 'kicking rucks' which is a popular pastime around here.

8. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I read this as 'kicking rucks' which is a popular pastime around here.
    Bring back Tom.Campbell!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Damn, double negative. Now O'Hallaran will be impossible to pry out.
    It's very likely to be a harder assignment now to get XOH from GWS. Dev Robertson might be worth considering as Brisbane need points.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'm assuming it's money based if the Sydney boy left Sydney for Adelaide of all places. Handy get but is he that good that he should be on a 4 year deal? Could easy be one that people complain about a couple years in
    Yeah it's surely this. Adelaide probably paid well overs which I wouldn't have wanted to do. We just have to trust the club is being sensible and not paying stupid to get average to decent players in.

Now Butters is another question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Feel like I read somewhere that he’s mates with Cumming which may be a factor too. Not as much as cash, but a factor.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

13. Likes hujsh, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Feel like I read somewhere that he’s mates with Cumming which may be a factor too. Not as much as cash, but a factor.
    Both from the Academy and there's a former GWS coach there too maybe. Still though... It's Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It's understandable that some supporters get deflated with our inability to be linked with high profile players but lets remember that 12 months ago a lot of the assistant coaches we talked to were heading elsewhere and yet we added Daniel Pratt who won an award for his coaching efforts this year and not only did we bring in Matthew Egan but then also promoted him.

We will be linked to some good names and picks over the next couple of weeks and we should be confident of landing a player or two that we need. There is also a chance some clubs chase some of our players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Grantysghost, azabob, Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's understandable that some supporters get deflated with our inability to be linked with high profile players but lets remember that 12 months ago a lot of the assistant coaches we talked to were heading elsewhere and yet we added Daniel Pratt who won an award for his coaching efforts this year and not only did we bring in Matthew Egan but then also promoted him.

We will be linked to some good names and picks over the next couple of weeks and we should be confident of landing a player or two that we need.
    It's also hard to gauge the why sometimes. I think we are generally pretty astute with the cap and have to factor in Bont, Darcy, Marra contracts.

It's a tad disappointing to continually be linked however we are a draft and develop club for our core with our trade ins being for roles of need.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be linked to some good names and picks over the next couple of weeks and we should be confident of landing a player or two that we need. There is also a chance some clubs chase some of our players.
    There's also a good reason people have been going on about our list over the last couple years - "Bevo is wasting an A-grade list"

It's a list with certain holes (pace, good smalls) but a huge amount of talent both established and developing. There's plenty of scope for improvement without the need to trade in guns.

Sanders, Busslinger, Garcia all look ready to hit the ground running in 2025, and are effectively new recruits

20. Likes GVGjr, Uninformed, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the links are out there by now I reckon.