Thanks Thanks:  162
Likes Likes:  979
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1650
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

In April, president Jeff Browne told the Herald Sun “We have to trade to improve our side”.

“For successful clubs who don’t want to drop down to the bottom, the draft doesn’t really work for them,” Browne said.

“We don’t intend to go to the bottom of the ladder, so we can never really rely on the draft.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    And after going down to the wire, we don?t land anyone and with 5 mins left accept Geels 15 (to be around 21) only ?
    Maybe let?s wait for it to actually happen before getting upset about it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have a look at Ned McHenry. He s AFEL standard and clearly fills an area of need for us. A little surprised he has been delisted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    So with the Pies and Blues throwing their hat in the ring for Houston. What chance fo North and the Dogs have? Zero. That is where the real advantage of the "big" Melbourne clubs shines.
    So the small Melbourne clubs are Dogs, North, Aints, Demons.

Two flags since 1998.

One was during covid so *, the other was from a month of unrepeatable magic.

Also, Marvel. Which I think is the massive elephant in the room. Look what it's done to Essendon.

5. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Cleary put this up for discussion

Idea
    West Coast offers Jack Graham 5yrs @ 900k a year. Lands Richmond a first-round compo at pick 2.

Eagles walk Liam Baker to the pre-season draft. Don’t cough up a draft pick.

Tigers get pick 2. Eagles get Baker for nothing and only costs a bit extra $

Win-win for both
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'd have a look at Ned McHenry. He s AFEL standard and clearly fills an area of need for us. A little surprised he has been delisted.
    Is he AFL standard though?

32 goals from 70 games, never more than 2 goals in a game, playing as a small forward?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Mitch Cleary put this up for discussion

Idea
    West Coast offers Jack Graham 5yrs @ 900k a year. Lands Richmond a first-round compo at pick 2.

Eagles walk Liam Baker to the pre-season draft. Don’t cough up a draft pick.

Tigers get pick 2. Eagles get Baker for nothing and only costs a bit extra $

Win-win for both
    I saw the tweet and thought he must be being facetious. Isn't that draft tampering?

Also....Jack Graham 5 years at 900k?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Did many of us really feel like we improved the list last year? We got Harmes and Coffield and lost the best ruckman ever. In the end it'd be Bramble and other positional moves that'd improve our 2024 season over 2023,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I saw the tweet and thought he must be being facetious. Isn't that draft tampering?

Also....Jack Graham 5 years at 900k?!?!?
    Has to be draft tampering surely. But AFEL will tick it off if it suits them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Sorry but his set shot kicking for goal makes McNeil and Vandermeer look elite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    How we improving the side?
    Improvement from within is the key. Plenty to work in the likes of Garcia, Gags, Sanders etc. Maybe pick up a fringe player eg O?Halloran (even though GWS says he won?t move). The only player I am disappointed we aren?t getting is Houston. Save all our pennies for Butters and throw the kitchen sink at him.

13. Likes JanLorMill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Improvement from within is the key. Plenty to work in the likes of Garcia, Gags, Sanders etc. Maybe pick up a fringe player eg O?Halloran (even though GWS says he won?t move). The only player I am disappointed we aren?t getting is Houston. Save all our pennies for Butters and throw the kitchen sink at him.
    Gags was in a sling at the B and F. Not sure why.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Jamarra to kick straight could win us 1 or 2 more games and get us into the top 4, with the same output from everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Buzz
    Sanders
    Gags
    Garcia
    Freijah

and there is still more improvement in Darcy, Marra, Richards training as a full time mid
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the X team posts this on a daily basis. He will probably drop XOH off our options on Monday

Links.JPG
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"