Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I am fully on board with trading our F1 and other picks to get GCS pick 13.

The draft appears to be stacked with midfielders in the first 20 odd picks.

As they stand, taking picks 13, 17, 35 and 47 to this years draft is crazy good and something we should do.
    Can we use GC as a holding company to trade our future first for our current first in perpetuity? Honestly would be a great bit if nothing else.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree.

However. We damaged Macrae's value during the year. We dropped him. Played him as a sub in the final. So we told the footy world he is surplus to our needs. Why would you play top value for a player who can't make the best 22 of a team that can't get past the first week of the finals?
    He?s contracted and the Saints want him. He?s not surplus to their needs, which is the most important element. Pay a more than fair price and get a deal done, rather than convince a player to request a trade then lowball the seller and deal in bad faith. From the outside looking in, we?re expected to act like door mats by the footy world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He?s contracted and the Saints want him. He?s not surplus to their needs, which is the most important element. Pay a more than fair price and get a deal done, rather than convince a player to request a trade then lowball the seller and deal in bad faith. From the outside looking in, we?re expected to act like door mats by the footy world.
    Agree. We have leverage as he his contracted. However, my point is still valid. His value would have been higher if we traded him last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. We have leverage as he his contracted. However, my point is still valid. His value would have been higher if we traded him last year.
    I fully understand Macrae?s value has been lessened by our use of him, but when compared to Noble one would think their respective worth would be similar.

Maybe Noble holds a little higher value, but not to the level that is being reported.

6. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I'd do that.
    And you wanna be my latex salesman......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The system is completely broken.

Noble is potentially worth pick 13, but Macrae pick 60 something??
    I don't think anybody thinks Noble is worth pick 13 and that's not the deal being proposed:

Collingwood, meanwhile, is targeting the pick as part of the John Noble trade to the Suns. That would require the Magpies to also give up a future first-round pick, but they would also look to get back pick 23 from Gold Coast in return.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree.

However. We damaged Macrae's value during the year. We dropped him. Played him as a sub in the final. So we told the footy world he is surplus to our needs. Why would you play top value for a player who can't make the best 22 of a team that can't get past the first week of the finals?
    Sadly you're right. I think 46 is fair for both parties and think they'll fall to that eventually I can't blame them for trying though.

We hardly played him and we are over paying him, they're kind of doing us a favour by taking him off our books and those deals tend to be very lop sided. We got Treloar for a downgrade of picks, we're not that desperate to clear space as much as Collingwood were back then but it's heavily in our favour, supporters are not going to be pleased if they're expecting a lot in return.

11. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree.

Although he was sub a few times, still ended up with 19 games for the year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Sadly you're right. I think 46 is fair for both parties and think they'll fall to that eventually I can't blame them for trying though.

We hardly played him and we are over paying him, they're kind of doing us a favour by taking him off our books and those deals tend to be very lop sided. We got Treloar for a downgrade of picks, we're not that desperate to clear space as much as Collingwood were back then but it's heavily in our favour, supporters are not going to be pleased if they're expecting a lot in return.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying but the prevailing narrative that he was playing VFL for most of the year simply isn't true. He played 3 VFL games. The first was when he was returning from injury at the start of the season. The only other time he was out of the side was from rounds 21-23 when he played 2 VFL games. 19 AFL games is not hardly playing him, especially when he wasn't available for selection for the first couple of weeks.

15. Likes bornadog, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree.

All of those things are true, but also irrelevant. He's contracted, so at the end of the day his value is whatever we deem it to be. It's the same with XOH - we'll have to give up whatever GWS deem valuable enough to release him from his contract.

At the end of the day, it's an 18-team competition and there's no point giving a leg up to rivals unless we're receiving compensation that we deem fair value.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL website says Sam Power will be on trade radio at 1pm. Would love a summary from anyone who is able to listen in!

18. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    AFL website says Sam Power will be on trade radio at 1pm. Would love a summary from anyone who is able to listen in!
    jazzdogs, not sure if you know or not but there will be a podcast replay up throughout the day.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    jazzdogs, not sure if you know or not but there will be a podcast replay up throughout the day.
    Thanks. What's the ratio of ads to content during the podcast? Can't be worse than the live product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Played a straight bat and gave away nothing.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Played a straight bat and gave away nothing.
    He said a lot without saying anything at all.