Thanks Thanks:  373
Likes Likes:  2,371
Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213214215216217218219220221222223
Results 3,331 to 3,336 of 3336
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

I’d take Treloar over Dunkley all day, everyday. Dunks is good thought (grrrr).

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Dunkley, Treloar may be a better player but Dunks make us a better team. No one else us does the dirty stuff.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley is awesome what are you guys talking about. Just because he’s a milquetoast loser with a weird family and no mates doesn’t mean he’s not a gun.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think he is what we need. We don't need inside mids, we have too many slow mids. We need some pace out of the centre and around the ground.
    I'd much rather an accountable midfielder who prevents the oppo from tearing it out of the front of stoppage, than a quick mid who does not have the same defensive mindset (it would also help having an assertive ruckman at stoppage who doesn't get so easily and consistently pushed aside, but that's another story)

Brisbane does not have a quick midfield at all, but they have an elite and well-rounded midfield that understands when to attack and also when to lock onto the oppo mids - Dunkley has been massively influential with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    So Dunkley finished 4th in the B&F in 2023. He finished 3rd in the B&F in 2024. He has not been even in the AA squad in the last two years.

When Dunley left, Treloar then went inside mid. Treloar was AA. So is Treloar an upgrade on Dunkley? Slightly different players but playing in a similar position.

Dunley is a solid, high quality, defensive mid. He has played mainly a run with or tagging role at the Lions. Was he prepared to play that role a thte Bulldogs?
    I'd say they are significantly different. Treloar is an elite ball-winner but he does not lock onto his direct opponent - none of our mids really do (which was an obvious problem from the 20 minute mark of the 2021 GF 3rd qtr to the end of the 2023 season). Dunkley does and he can also hurt his direct opponent going the other way.

They are both awesome but very different IMO.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He was our 2nd best player when he left. We miss him badly.
    Dunkley does all the stuff that glues it together.
    He's a brilliant player, he finished third in their B and F in premiership year.

8. Likes Sedat, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Dunkley does all the stuff that glues it together.
    He's a brilliant player, he finished third in their B and F in premiership year.
    No one has said he is not a good player, but he is not an A grader (IMO)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post