Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  44
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't feel the same without hearing ads for Robot Building Supplies and Ace Gutters every 5 minutes.
    And Spitwater
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    North are offering Caleb Daniel a four year contract according to Mitch Cleary.

Currently he has two more years remaining.
    He'd be mad not to take that. He needs to look after himself.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He'd be mad not to take that. He needs to look after himself.
    Yep. And North have to offer up 25 (30 after bids) too.

Win-Win.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't say we don't have a clear plan re. the type of players we're after or that we're not turning over the list (or keeping our vets a year too long).
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    What is Sam Power's record when being bent over on deals? From my recollection he has stood firm and done us good. I can't recall a deal that was well-unders what we were asking for (please correct me if I'm wrong)

If I am correct, I am happy to play hard ball with Bailey Smith and let him walk to the PSD. I would rather get Sweet FA than lose a deal to Geelong. Happy to play real hardball here ... play stupid games, win stupid prizes ... happy to get nothing for him and Richmond get a free hit (like them more than Geelong)
    We're running a business no one at the club would cut their noses to spite their faces, and rightfully so!

I wasn't happy with the Dunkley numbers or the Stringer numbers at the time but I was proven wrong on that count.

Yeah the Dunkley one wasn't great nor was the Kelvin Templeton one but luckily a bit before Power's time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

This will be a huge test. He seems to love the club, players and coaches but a 4 year deal is compelling.
    Most people in his position would ask the club to trade him but Daniel might not.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This will be a huge test. He seems to love the club, players and coaches but a 4 year deal is compelling.
    Most people in his position would ask the club to trade him but Daniel might not.
    I wonder how the salary compares (I assume his current contract is good money?), and whether the Dogs would extend his tenure by spreading out his salary. Match the years, reduce our salary burden, get close to what north are offering?

I am also comfortable with him cashing in if north are offering more cash, assuming we get a return that reflects that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I wonder how the salary compares (I assume his current contract is good money?), and whether the Dogs would extend his tenure by spreading out his salary. Match the years, reduce our salary burden, get close to what north are offering?

I am also comfortable with him cashing in if north are offering more cash, assuming we get a return that reflects that.
    North have some cap room so I'd imagine it could be a lucrative incentive for him.
    Lets say he's on 650K with us. They might be offering 2M+ spread over the 4 years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo, that's closer to a first round than a second round pick for him then.

He's contracted, we can afford him and we'll use him. If they want to double his tenure then it's time for them to pay up.

AA, Sutton medalist, still plenty of good years apparently. Late first is the compensation.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. And North have to offer up 25 (30 after bids) too.

Win-Win.
    25 isn't enough.

If they're willing to offer up four years then it's actually a massive deal. They need to throw in a sweetener.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.