Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  57
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This. They really want him and he’s contracted. He’s a great addition for them to put their young guns in the middle and have him at HB. He makes them a much better balanced side and a great leader too. If they want that as they do then 25 (30) is the starting point.
    Be realistic here and take our Bulldogs caps off, if we were chasing Caleb would you be happy giving up a high 2nd round pick? I know I wouldn't be, my starting would be a 3rd rounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Be realistic here and take our Bulldogs caps off, if we were chasing Caleb would you be happy giving up a high 2nd round pick? I know I wouldn't be, my starting would be a 3rd rounder.
    No bulldog cap here. It’s in effect Pick 30. They’re offering 4 years and have stated they need leaders like him on field and for their balance on field we led they need him. He’s under contract and we don’t have to deal. Without compo picks their natural 3rd would be 39. My position he’s worth slightly more than that owing to him being contracted and them putting up 4 years. He’s got a spot with us next year, unless North back it up. If they do with 25 (30) then we let him go. If not he stays. North are doing the chasing and throwing around large year contracts. North have to pay a fair price if they want that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it we don't trade him at all. He's not worth a 2nd on the market right now and is a valuable player if used correctly. Losing potentially 3 senior players and getting some numbers back is a horrible situation for us, we need to tread very carefully here.

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it we don't trade him at all. He's not worth a 2nd on the market right now and is a valuable player if used correctly. Losing potentially 3 senior players and getting some numbers back is a horrible situation for us, we need to tread very carefully here.
    I don’t think he gets traded except for that 25 (3). To me it’s either a good enough pick to warrant the trade or he stays. We need to keep rebuilding on the move and a solid pick helps that. But on this one I’m happy enough to see it go through at a good price or keep him. I’m not overly fussed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It's apples and oranges, North have a plethora of young talent and their needs are vastly different to ours. They've identified Daniel as someone they want to bring into their squad and they might be comfortable enough to pay a bit overs.
    I agree that on face value they would be overpaying and perhaps we will have to give something else back but their needs are very different to ours.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Especially when we're hearing we're considering trading our future 1st. I'm not sure I like the scenario of losing Macrae and Daniel AND trading our future 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

When you combine the chat about our best and fairest top 10 all being 27+ except for Richards, and the fact that Caleb and Jack are closer to the fringe than the core of the side now...trading them out and bringing in more young kids is probably exactly what our list actually needs.

This isn't a Norf fire sale of a few years ago where they delisted every single veteran on their list - if we lose Jack and Caleb we still have considerable experience and leadership in the squad.

10. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    When you combine the chat about our best and fairest top 10 all being 27+ except for Richards, and the fact that Caleb and Jack are closer to the fringe than the core of the side now...trading them out and bringing in more young kids is probably exactly what our list actually needs.

This isn't a Norf fire sale of a few years ago where they delisted every single veteran on their list - if we lose Jack and Caleb we still have considerable experience and leadership in the squad.
    I said in another thread that we should be hitting the draft and forget the trade unless we bring in a young gun (somehow).
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

For us, no. For North, it makes more sense especially following Clarkson coming out late this season stating they were after good experienced players.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I said in another thread that we should be hitting the draft and forget the trade unless we bring in a young gun (somehow).
    We've hit zero targets so far so it looks like that's the only option for us.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We've hit zero targets so far so it looks like that's the only option for us.
    Sometimes hitting zero targets is a big win - I give you Lobbe and Bate as evidence.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, josie, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I liked what we did last year in bringing in 5 players from the National draft and it's been a bugbear for a few of us here over many years that we don't seem to hit the draft enough and back ourselves with some later picks. Yes, bringing in Marra, Treloar and Darcy reduced our draft capital but we now need to address it.

If we can get 3 top 30 players through the draft this year and perhaps 1 or 2 a bit later I think that will serve us better. That said, adding needs based players via trades should always be considered.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Sometimes hitting zero targets is a big win - I give you Lobbe and Bate as evidence.
    If Wingard had chosen us, we’d have avoided this whole Bailey Smith mess.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me