Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  120
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    “ the Cats would get him for nothing at pick 17”

Great intellect. A genius…
    I guess he means the Dogs would get nothing.

PSD sounds nice and all but it's pick 17 and whatever else we can scrap together. Lesson: never let a contract expire.

I'm sick of all the talk when it's clear as a day where it's heading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I guess he means the Dogs would get nothing.

PSD sounds nice and all but it's pick 17 and whatever else we can scrap together. Lesson: never let a contract expire.

I'm sick of all the talk when it's clear as a day where it's heading.
    1st and a pick swap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    1st and a pick swap?
    Swap F1 & F2 and be done with. It’s not that huge a difference.

What they fail to mention is Richmond will have a Freo pick before and Smith would be a decent get in the teens to speed up their rebuild and give them a PR win. Also GWS are wanting to package their term picks up to get a Saints pick, say 8. Saints can use 7, trade 8, use 15 and use 16 on Smith before Geelong have a chance. That’s a huge result - Battle for Pick 15 & BS. Bring in Macrae as a friendly face with Cordy there too.

It’s a huge risk Geelong run. But let them and their surrogates run this tripe.

Sam just needs to sit this one to the last minute. Let the draft order change, as it will, and the chances he makes 17 by the ND are slim to none.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This is why it's called silly season. Neither side has said stuff the other. Power was respectful with his response, Mackie was respectful with his repsonse. They're professionals and will work together and get something done. The way the media talk about these negotiations it makes them sound like they're screaming at each other.

The deal will be done, Geelong's 1st with pick upgrades or F2/F3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If Caleb chooses us for 2 years over North for 4 years, we would love him even more than we already do. And similarly if he chose the 4 year North offer, nobody would begrudge him in the slightest.

Eternal credit to him for finding a way in the last couple of months this season when he looked almost gone mid season. His size and lack of burst pace were being exposed pretty ruthlessly by the oppo players and coaches, but he overcame and endured to become a really good player late in the season. As MJP articulated, it is amazing for a 167cm player who doesn't have quick wheels to carve out such an outstanding long-term career. Where he plays moving forward I don't know for sure - he remains an elite ball user and decision-maker, and he reads the play as well as anyone. Could he run-with against the inside mid types like a Lachie Neale and hurt them the other way?
    I'd really miss Caleb. A great club man.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    1st and a pick swap?
    Sounds right to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Swap F1 & F2 and be done with. It’s not that huge a difference.

What they fail to mention is Richmond will have a Freo pick before and Smith would be a decent get in the teens to speed up their rebuild and give them a PR win. Also GWS are wanting to package their term picks up to get a Saints pick, say 8. Saints can use 7, trade 8, use 15 and use 16 on Smith before Geelong have a chance. That’s a huge result - Battle for Pick 15 & BS. Bring in Macrae as a friendly face with Cordy there too.

It’s a huge risk Geelong run. But let them and their surrogates run this tripe.

Sam just needs to sit this one to the last minute. Let the draft order change, as it will, and the chances he makes 17 by the ND are slim to none.
    Problem is the player just says I'm not playing for anyone but Geelong.

Clubs won't risk having a disgruntled player on their books.

He's getting to the Cats one way or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is the player just says I'm not playing for anyone but Geelong.

He's getting to the Cats one way or another.
    It’s a free market. He can say what he wants. The most certain way to achieve it is to trade. But 17 on its own isn’t going to work. Let’s just see what happens with over a week to go.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ross Lyon might.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really trying my best not to unleash my inner Twodogs thoughts about why we shouldn't fold on trading Bailey Smith. Pick 17 isn't a fair outcome but if Geelong want him they'll need to offer more and some creative suggestions by BT could well be the ones that unlock the deal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Issue is players nominating teams that have nothing to give us.

The system is awfully broken.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Ross Lyon might.
    Yes he is looking for mids
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm really trying my best not to unleash my inner Twodogs about why we shouldn't fold on trading Bailey Smith. Pick 17 isn't a fair outcome but if Geelong want him they'll need to offer more and some creative suggestions by BT could well be the ones that unlock the deal.
    On top of Pick 17:

1. F1 for F2

Daylight

2. Swap 48 for 38 & F2

Honestly, the F1/F2 option is still a steal. Two picks likely 20+ for Smith & 35-38. I really think that’s got to be the minimum. Pick 17 alone is not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure the draft threat is much of a threat anymore.When was the last time a player went to the draft and didn’t get to their desired club? Nick Stevens is the last I remember and that was 20 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Ross Lyon might.
    The new Trevor Barker?