Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  120
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm really trying my best not to unleash my inner Twodogs thoughts about why we shouldn't fold on trading Bailey Smith. Pick 17 isn't a fair outcome but if Geelong want him they'll need to offer more and some creative suggestions by BT could well be the ones that unlock the deal.
    G I think I speak for all of us here in the woof family when I say, please unleash! I want a rant of epic proportions. It's not healthy to keep it all bottled up anyway.

2. Thanks kickit2Koly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how it's the "natural draft order", "free market" determining his value...except for the fact that "Paul Connors manages him - you wouldn't even be able to get a seat at the table with Bailey Smith" so it is not a free market at all. It's still the same bulls*** market we've been going to for the past 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2Koly View Post
    Not sure the draft threat is much of a threat anymore.When was the last time a player went to the draft and didn?t get to their desired club? Nick Stevens is the last I remember and that was 20 years ago.
    There have been players sit-out a season though (e.g. Cam McCarthy) and if Baz was selected by one of Richmond's 500 first round picks, we might find out how much football vs social media means to him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Can we really complain about the draft rules when we have used them to get JUH , Darcy , Croft , West , Libber . Boyd.
    Let’s face it we have done extremely well and our list is pretty healthy due to it.
    Smith didn’t play this year and we made finals.
    We will do ok in this draft , trust Mr Power.
    Bring back the biff

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Honestly, the F1/F2 option is still a steal. Two picks likely 20+ for Smith & 35-38. I really think that?s got to be the minimum. Pick 17 alone is not worth it.
    So...what's the solution then?

Get hold of a stick - trade the farm for pick 13 (GC) and just say to Geelong "You reckon no-one will take Bailey Smith before your pick...well, just watch us?".

That's not going to happen.

The commentary around this whole thing really sucks right now:

- "Bailey Smith is out of contract so the Bulldogs have to suck it".

- "Jackson Macrae has 3-years to go but is old and could hardly get a game so the Bulldogs have to suck it".

I know Power isn't listening/influenced by all of the noise but at the same time it would really be nice to have a win here...somehow even the new clubs - EVEN Gold Coast who can't wi - seem more highly thought of than us (or at least get the benefit of sympathy)...

Hating this period more than ever rn.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More than happy for Caleb to stay, i'm backing him to get his form back and play a role for us, as for Macrae, tough one, i guess a bit like Daniel is he really a lock best 22 player for us now? I believe Daniel can get back there not sure about Jacko with the likes of Ed, Sanders and co coming into the midfield, so if he isn't in our best 22, i wonder if the club told him to look around or that his game time would be limited in his exit meeting? therefor especially with his juicy contract i'm not sure we can ask the world for him, i'd be exploring a possible swap of say our 3rd for their 2nd round selection.

As for Smith, he's uncontracted therefor our hands are tied somewhat, you hear people say contracts aren't worth the paper they've signed on these days etc however, it gives the player security and the club an advantage in making a deal so unfortunately we are not in that position, i think it was Mark Bickley saying on Trade Radio that Baz is worth closer to pick 10 rather than pick 17 and he's probably about right, so we take their 1st round pick and either their 2nd round or future 2nd or swap our 4th for their 2nd, then try and make those two picks the Suns pick 12 (which is what Baz is possibly worth).

Macrae and pick 47 to Saints, Pick 27 to Dogs (unders? overs?)
    Smith and future 4th for Pick 17 and 38 (unders? overs?)

Our draft hand could be (before free agency etc etc) picks 17, 27, 35, 38

Or try to Gain Suns pick 12 for 17 and 27, therefor end up with 12, 35, 38

10. Likes GVGjr, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Problem is the player just says I'm not playing for anyone but Geelong.

Clubs won't risk having a disgruntled player on their books.

He's getting to the Cats one way or another.
    Yeah, but given Smith has spent a year sitting out with injury, would he do this? No player wants to sit out a year let alone two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    So...what's the solution then?

Get hold of a stick - trade the farm for pick 13 (GC) and just say to Geelong "You reckon no-one will take Bailey Smith before your pick...well, just watch us?".

That's not going to happen.

The commentary around this whole thing really sucks right now:

- "Bailey Smith is out of contract so the Bulldogs have to suck it".

- "Jackson Macrae has 3-years to go but is old and could hardly get a game so the Bulldogs have to suck it".

I know Power isn't listening/influenced by all of the noise but at the same time it would really be nice to have a win here...somehow even the new clubs - EVEN Gold Coast who can't wi - seem more highly thought of than us (or at least get the benefit of sympathy)...

Hating this period more than ever rn.
    I think we will get more as I think Power will extract it. I also think Power has the ability to take the sum of the parts of various trades and future picks to make the whole period work for us. How much more he specifically gets from Mackie I don’t know. It’s the media narrative that’s as equally frustrating as BS recent behaviour. I’m going to wait to see what happens before making any conclusions. 17 alone is too far unders and I think Power can get more so I want to see what that is.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023