Thanks Thanks:  170
Likes Likes:  1,009
Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1712
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Your mate Loinchops urging the Dogs to not push Smith to PSD and just take a deal
    So therefore we must not listen to him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Your mate Loinchops urging the Dogs to not push Smith to PSD and just take a deal
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So therefore we must not listen to him.
    Bizarrely 24 hours earlier he was not that adamant... bloody odd.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that JJ extending his contract so soon after reports of us waiting until later in the trade period means that we've agreed to a deal in principal for one of Macrae or Daniel.

4. Likes josie, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I suspect that JJ extending his contract so soon after reports of us waiting until later in the trade period means that we've agreed to a deal in principal for one of Macrae or Daniel.
    I thought it was more likely to be Daniel than Macrae but I think the Macrae deal is more likely to get done.
    If we can't pull the trigger on JJ do we heave the heart to do it on Daniel?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

GWS to make a call on Stringer today.
    Dare I say it, I like this piece of business by GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

How fortunate are Richmond that clubs outside of the top 8 want their players its usually the other way round. It's going to be a fair draft hand I just wonder if you would want to push some into the future than going all in on one draft crop.

8. Likes Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    How fortunate are Richmond that clubs outside of the top 8 want their players its usually the other way round. It's going to be a fair draft hand I just wonder if you would want to push some into the future than going all in on one draft crop.
    Has there ever been a club pull off a mega draft like that in one hit? I know a lot of the comparisons are early GC and GWS, who both royally stuffed their development in the early years.

Fremantle in 2021 went with 2 firsts and the opening selection of the 2nd round, and ended up with Amiss, Erasmus and Johnson (one great pick and two questionable ones).

Essendon in 2020 entered the draft with 3 single digit picks, and ended up with Cox, Perkins and Reid (3 potential duds there).

Gold Coast had the 3 early picks in 2018, and are now salary dumping Lukosius and lost Rankine interstate (though King looks like a huge hit).

I'd be surprised if Richmond go all in on this year's draft. I can understand wanting maybe 4 top 25 picks, but all this talk of ending up with 6-7 top 25/30 picks is just crazy to me. Their development is going to come at the expense of one another. It seems far better to stagger those picks between two draft years, which also leaves them open to making moves at the trade table in 2025 if they see faster than expected improvement next year

10. Likes jeemak, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Dare I say it, I like this piece of business by GWS.
    Why not? They're good enough that they don't need Stringer to be one of their bests, but they could really benefit from his ability to do #juststringerthings on the field.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Likes Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Why not? They're good enough that they don't need Stringer to be one of their bests, but they could really benefit from his ability to do #juststringerthings on the field.
    The media will go wild with the inspirational comeback stories of dickheads Stringer, Hogan and Greene all in one forward line!

14. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin-Dog View Post
    Has there ever been a club pull off a mega draft like that in one hit? I know a lot of the comparisons are early GC and GWS, who both royally stuffed their development in the early years.

Fremantle in 2021 went with 2 firsts and the opening selection of the 2nd round, and ended up with Amiss, Erasmus and Johnson (one great pick and two questionable ones).

Essendon in 2020 entered the draft with 3 single digit picks, and ended up with Cox, Perkins and Reid (3 potential duds there).

Gold Coast had the 3 early picks in 2018, and are now salary dumping Lukosius and lost Rankine interstate (though King looks like a huge hit).

I'd be surprised if Richmond go all in on this year's draft. I can understand wanting maybe 4 top 25 picks, but all this talk of ending up with 6-7 top 25/30 picks is just crazy to me. Their development is going to come at the expense of one another. It seems far better to stagger those picks between two draft years, which also leaves them open to making moves at the trade table in 2025 if they see faster than expected improvement next year
    Funnily enough the one that springs to mind is Richmond themselves in 2004 with 5 top 20 picks:
    1. Deledio (275 games)
    4. Tambling (124)
    12 Meyer (26)
    16 Pattison (66)
    20 Polo (77)
    36 McGuane (112)

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Funnily enough the one that springs to mind is Richmond themselves in 2004 with 5 top 20 picks:
    1. Deledio (275 games)
    4. Tambling (124)
    12 Meyer (26)
    16 Pattison (66)
    20 Polo (77)
    36 McGuane (112)
    It looks like they have 1, 6, 10, 14, 18 & 20.

With Pick 14 possibly 17 after bids, Smith in the draft should be a no brainer for them. Hence why Smith gets traded to Geelong.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Several clubs willing to trade picks - from Cal Twomey:

* Five clubs are chasing Fremantle's No.11 pick - which could be moved into the future if the Dockers aren't successful in their chase for Shai Bolton.

* Clubs also coming for Bombers’ pick No.9. Dons will explore moving up the board in front of a bid on Isaac Kako but expected to also be a target for clubs trying to trade in - opening chances for sliding back or moving out for extra draft capital over 2024/25.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What? Does he want to play in the SANFL?

REPORT: HOUSTON WANTS TO BE A MAGPIE

Tim Michell
    Dan Houston has decided he wants to be a Port Adelaide player, a report on Wednesday night claimed.

Fairfax Media reported Houston ? who has not publicly nominated a club ? had settled on joining the Magpies.

It had been expected Carlton would be his preferred club of choice due to his links to Michael Voss.

The Blues and Magpies are still jostling to claim Gold Coast?s pick 13 and put themselves in the box seat to trade with Port Adelaide for Houston.

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Several clubs willing to trade picks - from Cal Twomey:

* Five clubs are chasing Fremantle's No.11 pick - which could be moved into the future if the Dockers aren't successful in their chase for Shai Bolton.

* Clubs also coming for Bombers’ pick No.9. Dons will explore moving up the board in front of a bid on Isaac Kako but expected to also be a target for clubs trying to trade in - opening chances for sliding back or moving out for extra draft capital over 2024/25.
    Yeah I would have thought that Dons 9 would definitely be worth looking at considering their NGA guy is rising up the charts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yeah I would have thought that Dons 9 would definitely be worth looking at considering their NGA guy is rising up the charts.
    Our F1 probably doesn’t get it done alone. They need points too. So maybe it might be our 38 & 47 which equal to Pick 25. Which their second rounder that secures Kako. Still not sure that’s a good enough offer, not sure what extra we could give as I won’t take Stringer back no matter how much they offer us. If Geelong’s final offer was to add a F2 maybe add an F2 in. But say it was:

If we are only using four picks that would give us 9, 17, 25 & 27 (if we stump up cash). So 38 & 47 aren’t needed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

23. Likes bornadog liked this post