Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  69
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Tom Barrass

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Barrass

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Its going to be fascinating to watch how it plays out with Barrass in terms of what the Hawks pay
    West Coast will rightly ask for the world so the Hawks will have to do some maneuvering to make it happen.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

In limbo. Reports Hawks had enough of WCE demands and just did the deal with Carlton.

Do we make another phone call or leave it?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

For argument sake the deal WCE were slow walking was 14 and F2 for TB & F3 - 14 for Baker with Richmond happy

Say WCE won’t trade now. Say we get 17 & F1 for BS & F2

We can offer 17 and Geelong’s F1 for WCE F2 - 17 for Baker

WCE get two firsts (one drops into the 20’s and the other is an upgrade, but still two firsts) - We turn BS into Barrass & upgrade our second rounder…

Probably a better offer than the Hawks. If we were deadly serious about TB and if his only way out now is us?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Was happy enough to pass on him, but if it meant stuffing over the Hawks I’m for it.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Explanation on X when I asked why did Hawks do this:

Because it basically created a bonus 2nd rounder out of thin air.
    Even if Carlton win the premiership we still win the trade on points. If Carlton finish 4th or lower its a free second rounder.

We can now trade f1, f2(calton), f3(hawthorn) to Eagles for f3 and barras.

That's the exact same trade we already proposed (14 + f2 for barras and f3) but now there an extra f2 in there to satisfy westcoast while giving them more leverage to go for warner)
    If barras deal falls through we have 2 r1s and 2 r2s next year to make something happen
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not getting it. Will wait for BT.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a generous interpretation from X. That assumes that all works for WCE & Richmond with Baker. It will be genius or stupidity. Right now I’m not sure it’s the latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'm still not getting it. Will wait for BT.
    Sounds like a hawks fan trying to justify maybe missing their big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Explanation on X when I asked why did Hawks do this:

Because it basically created a bonus 2nd rounder out of thin air.
    Even if Carlton win the premiership we still win the trade on points. If Carlton finish 4th or lower its a free second rounder.

We can now trade f1, f2(calton), f3(hawthorn) to Eagles for f3 and barras.

That's the exact same trade we already proposed (14 + f2 for barras and f3) but now there an extra f2 in there to satisfy westcoast while giving them more leverage to go for warner)
    If barras deal falls through we have 2 r1s and 2 r2s next year to make something happen
    So, they aren't adding the extra f2? Just keeping their own now?

Not sure their supposition that it satisfies WC works either. A f1 means a lot more and is less likely to be compromised than a f2. They wanted two F1s and were prepared to add a f2 to act as a pick downgrade (likely one of the best 2nd round picks in the draft) and I doubt that position changes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So, they aren't adding the extra f2? Just keeping their own now?

Not sure their supposition that it satisfies WC works either. A f1 means a lot more and is less likely to be compromised than a f2. They wanted two F1s and were prepared to add a f2 to act as a pick downgrade (likely one of the best 2nd round picks in the draft) and I doubt that position changes
    Absolutely. I’d give them 17 & F1 (Geel) for Barrass & F2 right now. Hawks a little cute for a bloke under contract.