Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  79
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tom Barrass

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Barrass

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I would not be surprised if part of the pitch was 'we have the currency to get you here. With the Dogs you'll be waiting for them to deal with Geelong. Do you want to be waiting til the last minutes of the trade period to know if you'll be coming to Victoria with your fate in the hands of Andrew Mackie?'
    Yep, I agree. Hawks are banking on WCE and Richmond folding for future picks which I don’t think suits either. If we can make them allies here it’s at least interesting if we still want Barrass. If we pulled off BS & F2 for 17 & F1 - which I don’t absolutely love - and turned that into Barrass and a much better F2 then I’d be stoked. That still means we a F1 too with a good F2.

I reckon Sam Power’w weekend got busier.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Fox footy treating the Eagles like they would treat us.

"Have the Eagles missed a trick by waiting too long to deal with the hawks for Tom Barrass?"

Basically they're having a go at the Eagles for not bending over to "Dermies great club".

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That might be just palatable enough for everyone.

At its core.

Smith to Cats, 15 to Dogs.
    15 to Eagles, Barrass to Dogs.
    Baker to Eagles, 15 to Tigers.
    Replicating the deal the Hawks (14, ours 17 so close enough) told WCE to **** off:

(BS & F2, for 17 & F1)

Dogs: Barrass, WCE F2 - Pick 17, F1 (Geel)
    WCE: Baker, F1 (Geel) - Barrass, F2
    Rich: Pick 17 - Baker

Hypothetically Pick 25 for CD, 27 for Jack with some salary

Dogs: 2024: Barrass, 25 (CD), 27, 35, 48 and Konstanty type (6 ins, 6 outs BS, CD, Jack, AOD, Keath & Bedendo)
    Dogs: 2025: F1, F2 (WCE), F3, F4
    Dogs: 2026: West & Cooney
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Fox footy treating the Eagles like they would treat us.

"Have the Eagles missed a trick by waiting too long to deal with the hawks for Tom Barrass?"

Basically they're having a go at the Eagles for not bending over to "Dermies great club".
    Missed a trick keeping one of the best defenders in the league for next season if not traded?

Ha!

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Barrass regarded as a good team man? Or more of a talented individual?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is Barrass regarded as a good team man? Or more of a talented individual?
    Seems to be both to me. Is he not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Seems to be both to me. Is he not?
    I don't really know. We need good leaders if we are going to bring in older players and from memory he's a bit of a different character. I can live with that if he sets standards
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prefer lobby to be honest

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Same
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Or Keath? Or Gardner? Or Khamis? Or Jones after next year? Or undebuted kids?

Barrass probably never gets here. But I think he makes us a much better outfit for several seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or Keath? Or Gardner? Or Khamis? Or Jones after next year? Or undebuted kids?

Barrass probably never gets here. But I think he makes us a much better outfit for several seasons.
    Understand your point but yeah we need one of the kids to play along side Jones/Lobby next year it's time that they take the next step. I'm happy enough to go with with what we have with Naughty still the wildcard if the 3 talls continue to struggle considering he is on a long term deal I would be putting him back if required.

Post Thanks / Like

Understand your point but yeah we need one of the kids to play along side Jones/Lobby next year it's time that they take the next step. I'm happy enough to go with with what we have with Naughty still the wildcard if the 3 talls continue to struggle considering he is on a long term deal I would be putting him back if required.
    I love your optimism that Bevo would do that!

18. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was all in for Barrass until Lobb decided he was awesome as a defender. We're exposed with Jones I think, but we need to blood Buss and that's a risk I'm prepared to take.

Whatever we have close to the top end of the draft order needs to go towards a midfielder. If that's Butters a year before he's due to arrive, then fine, otherwise it's at the draft.

We weren't ever in Barrass's plans and it seems he's been out of ours for a while, leave it be for mine.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

20. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was all in for Barrass until Lobb decided he was awesome as a defender. We're exposed with Jones I think, but we need to blood Buss and that's a risk I'm prepared to take.

Whatever we have close to the top end of the draft order needs to go towards a midfielder. If that's Butters a year before he's due to arrive, then fine, otherwise it's at the draft.

We weren't ever in Barrass's plans and it seems he's been out of ours for a while, leave it be for mine.
    Agree with this.

Hopefully that we’ve signed Buss and reports on WOOF re his development bode well for a role in the senior side during 2025. He’s our future. We’ve seen enough to back him. Let’s see how it goes.

We have maybe 3 midfielders under 25 who are or could be A grade by my estimations. Richards if he isn’t already, Sanders, and Freijah. Not all of these are A grade next year, but as a 3-5 year midfield it has enough. We really need that one elite burst midfielder
    Though and or a defensive well rounded mid.

We also need to prioritise flankers who can run (and may blossom into midfielders).

I don’t think TB in = flag in 2025 or 2026.

I feel getting the right couple of choices in the first 30 might mean a flag in 2027 or 2028 - that seems a better bet with the age profile of our taller players.

Anyway… well hopefully draft TB and win 3 flags in a row, proven me an idiot.

22. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we can win a flag in the next two years but a lot has to go right. I look at the small forward of centre runners/ goal kickers at Brisbane, compare them to ours and know that's where our deficiencies are. But, they can all improve an have a really good year.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.