Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  81
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Tom Barrass

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Barrass

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or Keath? Or Gardner? Or Khamis? Or Jones after next year? Or undebuted kids?

Barrass probably never gets here. But I think he makes us a much better outfit for several seasons.
    There is no doubt he's a best 22 player for us and every other side. I guess the question is more around would Barrass fill a position of genuine need for us next season and could we fit him in alongside of Jones and Lobb? Longer term he makes a lot more sense for us.

Lets say the Hawks movement with their picks means the deal falls over so where would it leave us?
    - Have we done a medical with him and has he toured the facility and met any of the players?
    - Is he still open to coming to us after preferring the Hawks?
    And this is the most important thing from my perspective
    - Does he want to come to help us challenge for a flag or is it that we will pay him more than the Eagles are prepared to?

It's probably unlikely that a deal won't be struck with the Hawks but if we are still interested we need to start reaching out now to test his desire to come too us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Barrass

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is no doubt he's a best 22 player for us and every other side. I guess the question is more around would Barrass fill a position of genuine need for us next season and could we fit him in alongside of Jones and Lobb? Longer term he makes a lot more sense for us.

Lets say the Hawks movement with their picks means the deal falls over so where would it leave us?
    - Have we done a medical with him and has he toured the facility and met any of the players?
    - Is he still open to coming to us after preferring the Hawks?
    And this is the most important thing from my perspective
    - Does he want to come to help us challenge for a flag or is it that we will pay him more than the Eagles are prepared to?

It's probably unlikely that a deal won't be struck with the Hawks but if we are still interested we need to start reaching out now to test his desire to come too us.
    I’m not prepared to bet he comes our way, more so we can position ourselves to try to wedge in. The fact it was between us and Hawks and he has a relationship with Pratty is a sign I think it’s in the outside chance. If we wanted him, I agree, we need to working the phones this weekend to Barrass as I think our picks unlock all the deals. If he’s not interested that’s fine. But I’d make the call especially if we can’t get 9 or 13 in upgrade pick trades.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post