Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  173
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't understand why we just don't give everyone the message that it's a hard no...if that is actually our position.
    Are we trying to unlock a significant overs offer or to get Daniel to plead for a trade? We either need to close the door on the speculation or get a deal done.
    Likely we have set a high price, North unwilling to budge at this stage, therefore it sits where it does. I think North would offer their second round for Daniel, they need RESULTS and adding Daniel helps that.

For us, I still don't like trading both Macrae and Daniel. Macraes value is low (A pick in the 40s would be lucky to play as many games as Macrae will in the next 3 years) and Daniel could still play another 4 years.

Not sure I buy us needing salary cap relief when we were in the conversation for Barass and Houston, so what's the point of us trading BOTH of them?
    W00F!

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the rumour we're offering our F1 for GC's 2024 1st Rounder. So we're cleaning up the mess we made last year by creating another mess. Surely we are not that stupid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What is the rumour we're offering our F1 for GC's 2024 1st Rounder. So we're cleaning up the mess we made last year by creating another mess. Surely we are not that stupid?
    GC have better offers for that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    GC have better offers for that
    Good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think Power is clearly telling North, you want him, you convinced him with a four year offer, you tell us what you?re willing to cough up because if you offend us we won?t spend any more time here. I like the strategy. It?s all on North to get him, and they can for the right price. Maybe the offer more than just 25.
    As I said earlier, their intention to contract him for four years suggests he's at minimum pick 25 and close to a first rounder. 25 and a swap here and there would probably do it, but there's no need to rush.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    As I said earlier, their intention to contract him for four years suggests he's at minimum pick 25 and close to a first rounder. 25 and a swap here and there would probably do it, but there's no need to rush.
    Yep, dead right you are. Let them work for it. 25 and ideally swaps of F3 & F4 would have me pretty happy. We are going to use a fair few picks next year so if our F3 & F4 were good ones that would be ideal.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ralphy:

Collingwood being squeezed at both ends on Houston deal. Clubs including Sydney, Demons, Dogs coming from the clouds for the Suns pick 13 as the Pies size it up. Power wants 13, 23 and Richards for Houston. The Roos waiting in the wings
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Morris:

Now it's a four-way race for the @GoldCoastSUNS Pick 13...

Melb: F1 & 2nd rounder (this year)
    Syd: 19 & 22
    Dogs: F1
    Coll: Noble & F1 for 13 & 23

The @sydneyswans are in a similar position to GC. They have elite 2025 academy talent, so are more interested in next year's draft than other clubs.

The Suns won't go to the draft with this selection

11. Thanks kruder, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Young Bulldog stays in the Kennel despite Swans' late swoop

Garcia signs 3 year deal. Swans expressed interest in the last fortnight.
    Happy with this. I hope he gets more opportunity at AFL level next year. Lots of good signs and can improve further.

Really good at VFL level.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Power is clearly telling North, you want him, you convinced him with a four year offer, you tell us what you?re willing to cough up because if you offend us we won?t spend any more time here. I like the strategy. It?s all on North to get him, and they can for the right price. Maybe the offer more than just 25.
    Me too. It's a good strategy. We have said all along he is a required player, but that we would listen to offers if it worked for us and him. We are, we just aren't hearing anything we like. North need experienced players and Caleb fits that bill. His ball use is top knotch and he would allow them to move Kercher into the middle. He is a good get.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    This is actually genius you just don’t see the vision. If we do this every year then we can never lose.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes hujsh, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This is actually genius you just don’t see the vision. If we do this every year then we can never lose.
    Next year you will be able to trade two years of futures.

I can see a plan coming together.

Post Thanks / Like

State Media:

- talks on Macrae have finally opened now
    - we made an offer for XOH, and while he is interested in moving, GWS knocked the offer back pretty quickly and maintains it wants to keep him

Post Thanks / Like

State Media:

- talks on Macrae have finally opened now
    - we made an offer for XOH, and while he is interested in moving, GWS knocked the offer back pretty quickly and maintains it wants to keep him
    Don't mind XOH, but isn't he similar to Garcia who just re-signed for 3 and play a similar position? Or could he take VDM's or McNeil's position? Either way it would be hard to get him unless we dangle an extra large contract in front of him to the point of making him want out.