Thanks Thanks:  391
Likes Likes:  2,473
Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223224225226227228229230231232233
Results 3,481 to 3,492 of 3492
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Worth noting Connor’s said BS won’t go top 10 this draft - that’s what the media fools jumped on.

Connor’s didn’t say BS won’t go top 20-21, which is when Geelong 1st pick is.

Connor’s might be saying we are asking a huge price. But he’s not saying Smith will easily get to Geelong, if at all. I think he’s trying to bring the parties together by getting us to compromise off a top 10 pick and then from just 20-21 after bids.

I still think their F1 comes our way, the question is what we have give back in the wash up of evaluating it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Prince Imperial thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Worth noting Connor?s said BS won?t go top 10 this draft - that?s what the media fools jumped on.

Connor?s didn?t say BS won?t go top 20-21, which is when Geelong 1st pick is.

Connor?s might be saying we are asking a huge price. But he?s not saying Smith will easily get to Geelong, if at all. I think he?s trying to bring the parties together by getting us to compromise off a top 10 pick and then from just 20-21 after bids.

I still think their F1 comes our way, the question is what we have give back in the wash up of evaluating it.
    Have you seen reports of 'Smiths management urging Geelong to pick Smith through the National Draft?'

If that's right the Connors folks look like amateurs to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Have you seen reports of 'Smiths management urging Geelong to pick Smith through the National Draft?'

That doesn’t sound like Connors at all. That’s just not his MO. I think the media are taking some narrative liberties about if we refuse to negotiate from a top 10 pick. The media barracking against us the whole time leads me to shut them out. As I’ve said, the fact we as a club haven’t made any forceful statements or had surrogates push a message we will send him to the draft tells me the parties are taking every second they have to try to get the best deal. Pickering was very vocal when Dunkley was at this point and Connors isn’t talking direct to the media and sulking. I think everyone is doing their jobs, and I think we will do a good bit better than just 17. Not only for these reasons, but I don’t think Smith slips to 20-21. Geelong want him and invited him to sit with them at the prelim. They’ve shown their hand but are now trying to call. But soon enough it’s put up or shut up time and I think it’ll be fine.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand these player mangers - they are a bit like Car salesman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I think it gets done. If Geelong don’t value add in a meaningful way, then I’d 100% support the club sending him to the draft and the highest bidder which is unlikely Geelong. Then I hope we go scorched earth with Cotton On payments and approaching players under contract. I’d respect the club even more.

7. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I think it gets done. If Geelong don’t value add in a meaningful way, then I’d 100% support the club sending him to the draft and the highest bidder which is unlikely Geelong. Then I hope we go scorched earth with Cotton On payments and approaching players under contract. I’d respect the club even more.
    100%
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a case in point to not believe the media or get worked up before deadline Wednesday night.

Ralphy tweets Geelong won’t budge as they want all future picks for a move on Oliver next year.

Now this is why it’s intellectual dishonesty:

Geelong could say trade their F1 for our F2. Then offer it the next year. It could offer a F1 (2026) plus the F2. Or as two year future trading comes in next year, it could offer two F1 (2026 & 2027) for Oliver. Next year the trading rules get eased and they can still get Smith cheap enough this year and Oliver as cheap or expensive as they want next year.

So it’s utter bullshit, ignorance and journalistic malpractice to make public statements if you’re a purported serious journo and not chasing clicks. The same way Barrett claims no one in the top 20 would like Smith without and evidence to back it up.

So just wait to the deadline and trust that Sam Power hasn’t done us wrong yet and won’t start. Because listening to idiots with a big microphone ain’t no good for mental health.

10. Likes josie, bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We all have our pointless days at work, but do any of us experience the level of repeated pointlessness the rent seeking AFL media does when discussing trades and during the trade period?

Is there anything more shallow than what they're doing right now?
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can't stand these player mangers - they are a bit like Car salesman
    Agents in general all the same. Real estate, work contractors, player, etc.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn’t sound like Connors at all. That’s just not his MO. I think the media are taking some narrative liberties about if we refuse to negotiate from a top 10 pick. The media barracking against us the whole time leads me to shut them out. As I’ve said, the fact we as a club haven’t made any forceful statements or had surrogates push a message we will send him to the draft tells me the parties are taking every second they have to try to get the best deal. Pickering was very vocal when Dunkley was at this point and Connors isn’t talking direct to the media and sulking. I think everyone is doing their jobs, and I think we will do a good bit better than just 17. Not only for these reasons, but I don’t think Smith slips to 20-21. Geelong want him and invited him to sit with them at the prelim. They’ve shown their hand but are now trying to call. But soon enough it’s put up or shut up time and I think it’ll be fine.
    BF ITK being pretty strong on this one. Telling clubs that the player would sit the year out if drafted (at not Geelong) is outright draft tampering.

He'd essentially forgo his contract. I know for a fact Connors told atleast one club this over the weekend when approached over the weekend about the possibility of the national draft.

Post Thanks / Like

BF ITK being pretty strong on this one. Telling clubs that the player would sit the year out if drafted (at not Geelong) is outright draft tampering.
    Yeah, he’s willing to take 2 years out from footy? More BS from BS.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Media seems to forget in this scenario that the onus is on the Hand-Bags to get the deal done. Other draft picks and players are somehow out of the equation?!?! Give me a break!

As for Cotton On, no matter the outcome with BS, we can all agree that our dollars are better spent at their competitors. A lifetime boycott of their products/stores is not hard (especially for me. Have never purchased any of their crap)!

Colton On are noting more than a glorified Forges wannabe! You like that?