Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  206
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog ONLY Trade News

State Media:

ROOS' PLAY FOR DANIEL

NORTH Melbourne's pick No. 25 could pave the way for Caleb Daniel to land at Arden Street by the end of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

The Kangaroos offered the second-round pick to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for Daniel and pick No. 48 late last week, but that offer was rejected by Sam Power.

Daniel hasn't requested a move to North Melbourne and isn?t expected to formally submit a request, but is interested in a fresh start at the Kangaroos.

The 28-year-old has two years to run on the four-year contract extension he signed in 2022, but was squeezed out of Luke Beveridge's side at times in 2024.

Daniel played eight games for Footscray across two four-game stints in the VFL, while also starting as sub seven times at AFL level, as well as being subbed out of one game.

Bailey Smith and Jack Macrae have both officially requested trades out of the Whitten Oval and the Bulldogs are reluctant to let all three depart in the same window, but will consider a compelling offer for the South Australian. Pick No.25 alone would be considered compelling.

Sydney has been eyeing pick No.25 for Luke Parker after the former Swans skipper requested a move to North Melbourne. The Kangaroos have tabled pick No.62.

North Melbourne has maintained strong interest in Daniel and could eventually be prepared to part with pick No.25 for the 2020 All-Australian.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ralphy:

GWS reconfirming that it will not let XOH go. Even if they get Stringer. Adamant he’s staying as he’s contracted.

Doesn’t sound like spin at this point. I’m not too bothered to be honest.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes GVGjr, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to get GWS?s pick inside the cats to make them pay up

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ralphy:

GWS reconfirming that it will not let XOH go. Even if they get Stringer. Adamant he’s staying as he’s contracted.

Doesn’t sound like spin at this point. I’m not too bothered to be honest.
    What’s happened to Shiel to GWS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    What’s happened to Shiel to GWS?
    Gone quiet it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Still not a fan of losing both Daniel and Macrae. I'd rather keep Daniel, but understand he's the one we get better value on, so I'm more prepared to let him go if it's Pick 25 but when that becomes Pick 30 odd after bids I'm not of the view we've got a great deal.

Missing out on XOH doesn't concern me. Kinda surprised we're so interested to begin with.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

If im Sam Power I?m getting pick 25 from the Roos for Daniel and little else.

Trading with Giants pick 25 and a future 2nd for 15 and a future 4th round.

Make cats pay 17 and a future first for Bailey Smith

Trade Saints Macrae and 48 for 27 and a future 2nd

Out Smith, Daniel, Macrae
    In pick 15, 17, Cats Future First, Giants future 4th

Would be a nice hand and could even offer a future first to go higher again this year

10. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warrnambulldog View Post
    If im Sam Power I?m getting pick 25 from the Roos for Daniel and little else.

Trading with Giants pick 25 and a future 2nd for 15 and a future 4th round.

Make cats pay 17 and a future first for Bailey Smith

Trade Saints Macrae and 48 for 27 and a future 2nd

Out Smith, Daniel, Macrae
    In pick 15, 17, Cats Future First, Giants future 4th

Would be a nice hand and could even offer a future first to go higher again this year
    The strategic part there is kind of fun.

- Trade our F1 to GWS for Pick 15 or 16 (from GWS).
    - Offer Pick 15/16 as a live trade for a F1 & F2 or better - only if the club commits to taking BS

Now would a club like St Kilda, Essendon or Richmond take BS for a couple of future picks? Plug BS into their midfield next year and pay with future picks.

I think the odds BS gets to Geelong then is close to zero.

Now that focuses the mind, right Mr Mackie?

12. Likes josie, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, we get a pick inside them, they have no choice but to pony up

14. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post