Thanks Thanks:  415
Likes Likes:  2,578
Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142192232233234235236237238239240241242243 LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3636
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Footy pundits also have managers and agents, they will never cross the line and turn against these people, you only hear praise and support for such folk. Imagine Kano having a crack at player managers, wouldn't think his manager would approve.
    Will never buy any Kitten on Apparel. Could we somehow arrange for Mission foods to provide Harley Reid with a nice sponsorship arrangement. food for thought. I reckon he loves Tacos?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Can Bar View Post
    Footy pundits also have managers and agents, they will never cross the line and turn against these people, you only hear praise and support for such folk. Imagine Kano having a crack at player managers, wouldn't think his manager would approve.
    Will never buy any Kitten on Apparel. Could we somehow arrange for Mission foods to provide Harley Reid with a nice sponsorship arrangement. food for thought. I reckon he loves Tacos?
    Only one club can get away with such a criminal action, and it's not the boutique bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

if we worked closer with Paul Connors, I'm sure he knows how to make it happen, Afterall No one will say anything negative about him. he'd have a vested interest making 20% off the deal?

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that all of us are happy to see Smith gone, but few of us are happy with the trade deal struck with Geelong.

Fair enough, but driving around today I thought of an interesting thought experiment.

In this experiment, Smith is the same player and person that he is, past recent ACL, poor disposal, former high draft pick, quick, and whatever you know or think of him off field (narcissism, self promotion etc), which would appear to be not a positive.

In this experiment, Smith is playing for another Victorian team, out of contract. Smith nominates that he wants to come over to the Bulldogs.

In this experiment, the Bulldogs are interested, and they have pick 17 and their second round pick this year, and all their draft picks in 2025.

So here it goes: what trade deal would you have done, knowing what you know about Smith, for him to come to the Bulldogs under this thought experiment?

Assume that the trade will go through, rather than just posting that you wouldn't trade for him.

I'm interested in what deal you come up with.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    It seems that all of us are happy to see Smith gone, but few of us are happy with the trade deal struck with Geelong.

Fair enough, but driving around today I thought of an interesting thought experiment.

In this experiment, Smith is the same player and person that he is, past recent ACL, poor disposal, former high draft pick, quick, and whatever you know or think of him off field (narcissism, self promotion etc), which would appear to be not a positive.

In this experiment, Smith is playing for another Victorian team, out of contract. Smith nominates that he wants to come over to the Bulldogs.

In this experiment, the Bulldogs are interested, and they have pick 17 and their second round pick this year, and all their draft picks in 2025.

So here it goes: what trade deal would you have done, knowing what you know about Smith, for him to come to the Bulldogs under this thought experiment?

Assume that the trade will go through, rather than just posting that you wouldn't trade for him.

I'm interested in what deal you come up with.
    Ha I actually thought of this same scenario last night.

Honestly I wouldn't even want him knowing the type of person he is. But if we were interested, yeah pick 17 is all I'd offer. No way would I want us offering two 1sts for him.

But it's really hard to say given I don't want anything to do with him. Not because he asked out. But because I've never thought he was Bulldog fabric. He's an anti-Bulldog. Would never fit at our club. I can't get passed that.

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks Sedat, josie, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean-up on aisle Baz.

Paul Connors working his ass off for that 20% commission.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Actions speak louder than words even if it is from a player manager. The guy was nothing but a disrespectful jackass as soon as the season finished, don't buy the BS from BS.

Post Thanks / Like

Pack your bag (lol) and don?t let the door hit your arse, Floglenka.

12. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes josie, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have actually been praying for his downfall so fair enough post tbh.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last 2 paragraphs kinda negate or at minimum divert from the intended thanks. It’s a yeah but nah message. Pity his advisors couldn’t keep him on message (again). Considering the way he left us, it makes his statement “to do us proud” fall like a lead balloon.

18. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My nan said he deserved his knee injury for not going to Geelong last year so I guess I'll pass it on

Post Thanks / Like

Taking up Dry Rot's challenge, I couldn't bid without knowing what we could get in the draft for 17.

Post Thanks / Like

There's always a line of narcissism with him, even when he's trying to be grateful.

Time we just all move on.
    W00F!

22. Likes josie liked this post