Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  68
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Power, List Boss - From Start to Now

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Power is a jet... we've had some really shit hands during his time and each time he sticks to his guns and drags out every bit of value he can.... and then doesn't overpay when bringing in players.

Whilst others on here think he buckles or gets bent over, comments from those in the game like Conners show that this isn't true.
    Of course a player manager who gets what he wants for his client is going to blow smoke up his ass.

We demanded an early first round pick for Baz. Don?t get it.

We demanded a second round pick (or at least one in the 30?s) for Macrae and didn?t get it.

I get there is horse trading and posturing, and I have no doubt Power has done the best he can within the realms of what our club could do in the circumstances, but let?s not act like we just creamed the trade period folks. We did not.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    jeenak is busy working on the three club trade for Marra, Warner and some first round draft picks.
    you need to tune in about 2am and you will catch him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I can't believe I wasn't online when the jeemak pile on occurred.
    A curious fact in many ways.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Of course a player manager who gets what he wants for his client is going to blow smoke up his ass.

We demanded an early first round pick for Baz. Don?t get it.

We demanded a second round pick (or at least one in the 30?s) for Macrae and didn?t get it.

I get there is horse trading and posturing, and I have no doubt Power has done the best he can within the realms of what our club could do in the circumstances, but let?s not act like we just creamed the trade period folks. We did not.
    Don't think anyone suggests we creamed trade period, well i certainly haven't read anything of that nature but we weren't as bad as some suggest either, i though we did ok considering our circumstances especially around Smith and dealing with Geelong, as far as i'm concerned we got paid unders for Baz but we won like bandits for Daniel (a depth player for us), Macrae like Daniel, if he was out of contract and wanted out like he did, Saints offer far less so Jack went for around what i thought we would get, again a depth player now, Matthew Kennedy for 38 is also probably bang on, played every game and top 10 B&F, good age too, so one win, one loss and two breaks evens for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Don't think anyone suggests we creamed trade period, well i certainly haven't read anything of that nature but we weren't as bad as some suggest either, i though we did ok considering our circumstances especially around Smith and dealing with Geelong, as far as i'm concerned we got paid unders for Baz but we won like bandits for Daniel (a depth player for us), Macrae like Daniel, if he was out of contract and wanted out like he did, Saints offer far less so Jack went for around what i thought we would get, again a depth player now, Matthew Kennedy for 38 is also probably bang on, played every game and top 10 B&F, good age too, so one win, one loss and two breaks evens for me.
    This is the thing, right. John Noble says trade me to any QLD team. Baker & Bolton say trade me to any WA club. Houston gave Port multiple options. Those clubs got a great return by their players having respect for their current club even though they probably knew where they were going. CD didn’t make a public statement/request and we got a good deal.

Ideally Jack would’ve played it like CD, but I don’t blame him. BS just torched us.

So what’s Sam to do when others clubs players are giving their club some leverage and two of our three didn’t? Which is why CD leaves with an even higher respect in my eyes. Sure he gets more games, more years and thus more cash. But he got us a better pick as legacy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This is the thing, right. John Noble says trade me to any QLD team. Baker & Bolton say trade me to any WA club. Houston gave Port multiple options. Those clubs got a great return by their players having respect for their current club even though they probably knew where they were going. CD didn?t make a public statement/request and we got a good deal.

Ideally Jack would?ve played it like CD, but I don?t blame him. BS just torched us.

So what?s Sam to do when others clubs players are giving their club some leverage and two of our three didn?t? Which is why CD leaves with an even higher respect in my eyes. Sure he gets more games, more years and thus more cash. But he got us a better pick as legacy.
    Makes Dunkley look even worse too. Why didn't he choose any QLD club? Why specifically Brusbane? I know we now look on Dunks higher because of Smith but he screwed us just as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Makes Dunkley look even worse too. Why didn't he choose any QLD club? Why specifically Brusbane? I know we now look on Dunks higher because of Smith but he screwed us just as much.
    Yep. If the AFLPA were smart it would tell players do this to give clubs just a smidge more bargaining power, but not much. But by clubs like ours getting screwed, leveled headed guy like Nathan Buckley are saying take the power from the players and allow clubs to trade players against their will. Which is where I hope things head now. If BS said trade me to any Vic team who will give me years, cash and the position I want and I’ll go there then we would’ve got a much bigger return. But the drum beats will hopefully grow louder for clubs to trade players even if it’s capped at say 2 per year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand why every player is (essentially) a free agent all of a sudden.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I just don't understand why every player is (essentially) a free agent all of a sudden.
    That to me is the intermediate step if the AFEL won’t allow clubs to trade. They should be RFAs for sure. We’ve seen decent trades where RFA bids were matched including Dangerfield & Cameron. Who’d have thought RFA status would make Geelong play fair?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Well with all due respect to the Suns, if Dunks wanted success he was always choosing Brisbane which he has now achieved, plus the fact we kept him the year before when Essendon didn't meet our demands shows it's not a bad thing to give players longer contracts, it just gives the power back to the clubs with players wanting out, it also showed the AFL world that Sammy P doesn't blink just to get the deal done, with Baz we had a lot less control.