Thanks Thanks:  186
Likes Likes:  1,082
Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1870
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

If we trade a future pick, what's the lowest you would gamble on it?

I wouldn't want to trade it outright for anything outside the top 10.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

If we are just talking a straight swap I don't think that we could get anything in the top 10. If I was St Kilda I wouldn't trade 7 or 8 for our F1. Perhaps Richmond's 10 or 11 might be a chance as they have more than enough picks this year.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade the future pick every year for a pick this year. We’ve actually broken the meta just no one realises it yet.

I have seen one half of underage footy this year (accidentally saw half of the academy game against Footscray, who I assumed were playing a normal team) but based on that Sam Lalor is the best player of all time. We need to talk getting him into existence somehow.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If we are just talking a straight swap I don't think that we could get anything in the top 10. If I was St Kilda I wouldn't trade 7 or 8 for our F1. Perhaps Richmond's 10 or 11 might be a chance as they have more than enough picks this year.
    I agree that 10 or 11 are our best bets - which will actually be 13/14. So I don't think that's worth the gamble, although I have heard that next year's first round will be even more bastardised than this years with NGA and FS.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think 11 might be the most gettable as you guys say. Not sure Richmond go for it at this stage unless they think we are in for a fall. Also the same question for Sam. Are we playing finals next year? If that’s his assessment, then he should go for it. Interesting forecasting/assessing by both clubs to be had.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think 11 might be the most gettable as you guys say. Not sure Richmond go for it at this stage unless they think we are in for a fall. Also the same question for Sam. Are we playing finals next year? If that’s his assessment, then he should go for it. Interesting forecasting/assessing by both clubs to be had.
    What do you think we could get for packaging 17 and F1? I don't like it but think we would offer it for something like saints pick 7/8 and 32 (just an example, doubt that saints are doing that deal).

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is any reason the club wouldn't be expecting to play finals next season. The current betting markets have us as 9th favourite for the flag which puts us in the familiar position of an expected 6-12 finish from outside the club. So an expected first round pick in the 7-13 range before free agency compo and NGA/FS movements.

Post Thanks / Like

I want pick 8. Taking a kid directly after a St Kilda first rounder guarantees you get a star.
    Petracca, Bont, Naughton...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think we could get for packaging 17 and F1? I don't like it but think we would offer it for something like saints pick 7/8 and 32 (just an example, doubt that saints are doing that deal).
    It’s a really tough one. Really tough.

It really comes down to the clubs assessing us. If they think we finish top 8 again, maybe win a final, then maybe 11 & 24?

If clubs say we lost good depth, that Jones, Libba, Ads can’t back up to the level of this year and our kids won’t step up and we miss finals then maybe a bit better.

The other question is who we think might be there at 11 vs 17 for example? Is it a game changing upgrade?

It’s a really complicated one for me to overthink. Say it’s Richmond 11 & 24 for 17 & F1 for example sake. We get back to back picks at 24 & 25 (which we like) and hopefully 27 or 28 in a points trade if we can buy one of those.

While I’m overthinking. Do we go aggressive anyway if two years future trading comes in next year? Are there any flight risks for next year that could bring in a first or multiple firsts?

Also are we confident that West is a first rounder (seems to be) and Cooney, what’s his projection. With the DVI tightening do we look at future trading to pay for them and load up on talent before then too?

Without fully thinking the answers through point by point. I think trading the F1 makes a good amount of sense. I’m hopeful we don’t go backwards next year either. So maybe a 6 pick upgrade in the first round plus the 24 (especially if there’s 25 & 27/28) would be a great draft hand. The best after Richmond.

For Richmond they slide back 6 spots, hand over 24 and get a pick in the say early teens next year. You can make a case at why that it’s a good deal for them too.

I get the feeling clubs will come hard for 11 so if this is the plan I hope we are all over it with 27/28. That would completely change the complexion of the trade period and I’d feel is the final big stock up of talent (assuming Milesi nails them) with West & Cooney with the kids we have. So yeah maybe do it.

Long way to say, we will have stiff competition for 11 so we will need to offer something enticing. 17 & F1 should be about the mark off the top of my head (say 13 & 17 for 11 & 24 across the two years if we had the same first again).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Say it’s Richmond ....
    Richmond have too many picks. TOO MANY.

They can't manage this many new players. No-one can. They need to trade a couple out...or some will fall through the cracks and never reach their potential...this is Gold Coast Suns like first round picks.

Yze may as well quit now cos in two years he's getting sacked...no coach can survive this level of rebuild.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes Mofra, Dry Rot, kruder, hujsh, jeemak liked this post