Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  93
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Matt Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Geez our jumper looks good on him. I’m predicting he’ll have a ripper start for us. And hopefully sustained success.
    Looks to be in good nick!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the cut of his jib, whatever that means.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Getting familiar.

So what do you guys reckon about gays, drunks and adulterers?

I kid, I kid. Welcome to the club Matt.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

5. Thanks anfo27 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Putting aside any off field proclivities, I think he?ll play every game next year. Much prefer him to Harmes in that mid/forward role.
    He is in much better form than Harmes.

Harmes was playing VFL most of the time in his final year at Melbourne wasn?t he?

Kennedy on the other hand was one of THREE Carlton players to play in every game this year (even if 3 of those were as sub). Then he got injured, got out of hospital the same week as the final and had the birth of his child, pretty big contributing factors to his finals performance. They played him injured and he wasn?t even their worst player.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has a funny body shape. Looks taller than he is. Almost Go Go Gadget limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    He has a funny body shape. Looks taller than he is. Almost Go Go Gadget limbs.
    He's six three, pretty tall. Footballers are lean AF these days, they all look gangly vs. the rest of us.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

10. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's six three, pretty tall. Footballers are lean AF these days, they all look gangly vs. the rest of us.
    Case in point Sam Darcy wears a medium jumper.
    I asked him straight up and he said yep they wear them m?ga tight.

Fair to say I couldn't get it over my fat head.

I was dubious btw. Couldn't mean mens could it?

Anyone familiar with the players editions?

Edit : nope it's size

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Case in point Sam Darcy wears a medium jumper.
    I asked him straight up and he said yep they wear them m?ga tight.

Fair to say I couldn't get it over my fat head.

I was dubious btw. Couldn't mean mens could it?

Anyone familiar with the players editions?

Edit : nope it's size

i haven’t bought a players edition jumper in 10 + years. However usually the players addition sizing is much tighter than a standard fit. For instance a large in a players addition will feel like a small in the standard fit. The players addition do stretch a lot more though.

id be suprised if a players addition medium didn’t look more like a sports bra on Sam Darcy!

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly relieved we've finally filled the void left by Lin Jong.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes josie, hujsh, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Why wouldn't other clubs or even saints for that matter want him? We're fairly flush for mids so would think he'd have had other suitors?
    We need another mid who is a tough tackler, Libba fading.
    It is a priority. We win or lose games in the midfield.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Why wouldn't other clubs or even saints for that matter want him? We're fairly flush for mids so would think he'd have had other suitors?
    For the Saints, they prioritised Macrae for their mid mix. Their other priority was Kemp who they missed.
    We lost three guys who can play mids minutes this year, and Dunkley, Hunter, Lipinski in years before. Not sure we are flushed. Plus Libba is aging, and Sanders, Gags & Garcia aren?t yet proven.
    Kennedy was told he was free to look around. Maybe he had other suitors, maybe he wanted to go to a Vic team who played finals this year and thinks he?s best 23 in that team. (But, Geelong chased Smith & Hawks chased Battle & Barrass)

I?m very open minded to what he might be able to do next year. He might end up being depth, but as a bigger bodied kid who is a threat forward, he might be a nice point of difference.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    For the Saints, they prioritised Macrae for their mid mix. Their other priority was Kemp who they missed.
    We lost three guys who can play mids minutes this year, and Dunkley, Hunter, Lipinski in years before. Not sure we are flushed. Plus Libba is aging, and Sanders, Gags & Garcia aren?t yet proven.
    Kennedy was told he was free to look around. Maybe he had other suitors, maybe he wanted to go to a Vic team who played finals this year and thinks he?s best 23 in that team. (But, Geelong chased Smith & Hawks chased Battle & Barrass)

I?m very open minded to what he might be able to do next year. He might end up being depth, but as a bigger bodied kid who is a threat forward, he might be a nice point of difference.
    Is it entirely needs driven?

We're dealing with rumors of players enjoying the party life too much, and have targeted a guy who has "solid citizen" written all over him. I really feel the off field stuff was a big factor in grabbing him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is it entirely needs driven?

We're dealing with rumors of players enjoying the party life too much, and have targeted a guy who has "solid citizen" written all over him. I really feel the off field stuff was a big factor in grabbing him.
    Probably a bit of both. I think he fits a need absolutely. But if those persistent rumours are true, then moving on BS, some riot act reading maybe, and bringing in Kennedy who seems very professional and driven is a good outcome too. But I think first and foremost he needs to be a decent footballer first. Hopefully a strong positive influence helps things. Did we win best club man at Carlton this year?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Frankly relieved we've finally filled the void left by Lin Jong.
    Say what now?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

So the universe passed through 134 Ske Rd Frankston today my ridulous exotic paradise garden when the sun shone and the flowers were in bowers and my two Bulldog sons sat at a rectangular glass table on a square of lawn and ate wood fired seafood pizza.
    Cosmo and I fired up ding dong style about Naughton going back, Bevo, what we disagree a out and what we agree there is to hope about.
    We agree.on Kennedy, good recruit, Sam thanks for holding out on Smith.
    We disagree on this team, I think our best ever, he cites '07 ffs. Little him then now big says Gilbee, Hargraves team.
    I say best talls and best talent ever but lack mongrel.

22. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post