Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  30
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Clarke Experiment, Private Schools and Perceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    For now. I’m realising that I don’t have whatever it is in me that makes people like objectively shit stuff like LinkedIn, long distance running or networking so I’m probably not gonna last much longer.
    Come to the dark side.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the private schools just poaching all the best talent rather developing?

My parents spent 50k a year on my private school education and I still ended up in hospitalty(like I told them I would but they wouldn't let me drop out). Sucked in for them.
    Last edited by chef; Today at 01:26 PM.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes jeemak, Grantysghost, Happy Days, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Is it tge private schools just placing all the best talent rather developing?

My parents spent 50k a year on my private school education and I still ended up in hospitalty(like I told them I would but they wouldn't let me drop out). Sucked in for them.
    My eldest’s year 11 class have been offered the chance to do their RSA cert through the school which strikes me as both odd and pragmatic.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    For now. I?m realising that I don?t have whatever it is in me that makes people like objectively shit stuff like LinkedIn, long distance running or networking so I?m probably not gonna last much longer.
    Get out while you can man.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a massive outlay isn't it? 50K spent is 100K earned. Was that a family thing ie they went to PS themselves?
    A mate of mine was a politicians son so the 4 kids all went to PS. Because his older brother sent his two children to PS my mate then felt compelled to send his 3 children all to private schools and it nearly broke him.
    The daughter went into the real estate business, the oldest son is a sparky and the youngest boy after 3 years of working in distribution centres as a fork lift driver is now a policeman. Their Private School education and certificates didn't really do that much for them in their career choices.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a thing. When I was in Bendigo a certain ex-player of ours nephews were given scholarships at Geelong boarding schools. They weren’t in the end even close to draft level. But got a free education for being likely to improve their new schools in the APS. During those years I’d hear stories about other players/kids playing one position at the Falcons and a different position for their schools and basically stuffing them before they got started. But I suppose they got a heap of free schooling and benefits of that. I wonder if there was another way of doing it what the kids would choose and parents would push:

A) a free good education
    B) a better chance to become an AFEL player
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes chef liked this post