Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who could be our next Bramble for season 2025?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Gallagher is the one who will step forward after a bit of experience and really smash it next year.

Has the body, running capacity and finishing capacity. He's the next big thing......or at least top ten in the B&F candidate.
    Would be a good start if he could prevent almost all of his kicks being smothered
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes jeemak, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I am hoping it be Harmes or else it be a waste recruiting him.

We have lost Macrae and Daniel.

He needs to bring more than them each week and play the full season.
    I haven't gone back to get receipts, but I'm pretty sure I said we'd be lucky to get one good game per year from him during his three year contract.

We probably got two this year, with his best game a 100 point demolition of the Richmond VFL side - I don't expect that to improve in 2025 unless we get to play more injury riddled opposition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I haven't gone back to get receipts, but I'm pretty sure I said we'd be lucky to get one good game per year from him during his three year contract.

We probably got two this year, with his best game a 100 point demolition of the Richmond VFL side - I don't expect that to improve in 2025 unless we get to play more injury riddled opposition.
    He was also very good against St Kilda in that Thursday night demolition that got our season back on track and was close to BOG in the wet at Homebush against GWS. Injuries ruined the back half to his season, and people are bashing him for being selected for the EF when everybody on here in the lead-up to finals were demanding his selection after being clear BOG in the VFL final loss to Southport.

He's a soft target - bad tatts, throwing ice on the Dogs players after 2021, coming from the Demons, preferred over Macrae for starting 22 in the EF, questionable cowboy boots/speedos IG content.

I'm staying the course - he's team-first and will play roles that others cannot/will not. Needs a big pre-season and get rock-hard fit. There's an obvious role as high half-forward and also defensive wingman - he's good enough to take it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Go_Dogs, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any faith in his body to allow him to consistently perform at the high level he is capable of.

I disputed his recruitment not because he is untalented or unmotivated, but because his body is deteriorating and his ability to play consistent football is very low as a result. I think injuries will continue to ruin his seasons, no matter how fit he seems to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Harmes' recruitment was a mistake.

I'm expecting Kennedy to have an impact.

I'm hoping Freja will have an early break out season. Given the baseline of his performance off his first pre-season, I have high hopes.

Post Thanks / Like

If we're taking massive fresh air swings, I'll say Curtis Taylor
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes azabob, Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would be a good start if he could prevent almost all of his kicks being smothered
    His pace and kicking was what had many predicting he’d play a bit of senior footy after 2023. He’s got the ability. Let’s see how he goes with another good pre-season under his belt. He needs a clear role too.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If we're taking massive fresh air swings, I'll say Curtis Taylor
    Isn't he just another Bedendo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Isn't he just another Bedendo?
    More of a ground-level player rather than a 3rd marking tallish type. Can fly for them though when given an opportunity.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Gallagher is the one who will step forward after a bit of experience and really smash it next year.

Has the body, running capacity and finishing capacity. He's the next big thing......or at least top ten in the B&F candidate.
    We couldn?t be further apart in our expectations of Gallagher as we are right now.

He was gifted games this year and showed little to warrant the confidence shown in him.

Hopefully you are right as we do need players of his ilk to show rapid improvement if we are to improve year on year.