Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  381
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Did he bring his guitar and sing a song about anyone?
    Like the Cyril song
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Did he bring his guitar and sing a song about anyone?
    Funnier moment - Clarkson bringing his guitar to that meeting or Dunkley signing that jumper for Steph Curry
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Like the Cyril song
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Funnier moment - Clarkson bringing his guitar to that meeting or Dunkley signing that jumper for Steph Curry
    I honestly don't know how the topic hasn't clouded out anything else in the news cycle given how batshit and inappropriate it is.

Out and out lunatic behaviour (but not as ill-judged as putting yourself on Steph Curry's level).
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Clarko going full David Brent is one of the funnier things to come to light in 2024.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Clarko going full David Brent is one of the funnier things to come to light in 2024.

When I was working in Taiwan as an expat, we made various friends with different expats. One night a whole bunch of us went out to dinner and afterwards a couple invited us back to theirs for a coffee. After a little while, the guy pulled out his guitar and started singing and playing. It was excruciating, and we had no choice but to sit there and listen

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes josie, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When I was working in Taiwan as an expat, we made various friends with different expats. One night a whole bunch of us went out to dinner and afterwards a couple invited us back to theirs for a coffee. After a little while, the guy pulled out his guitar and started singing and playing. It was excruciating, and we had no choice but to sit there and listen
    Just be grateful it was a guitar that came out and not the keys in a bowl.

10. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Just be grateful it was a guitar that came out and not the keys in a bowl.
    There's nothing in the story that eliminates the possibility that both occurred.

12. Likes azabob, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    There's nothing in the story that eliminates the possibility that both occurred.
    and you will never know

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

North have apparently engaged the AFL about potentially selling a home game and playing over in Perth. They're probably trying to find other income streams ahead of the Tasmanian Deviles coming into the comp.
    I have no problem with that but weren't we considering playing a game down in Geelong a few years back and were told no, we had to go to emerging markets? While the direction from the AFL might have now changed, clearly games in Perth don't fit that requirement.

North are still struggling.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    North have apparently engaged the AFL about potentially selling a home game and playing over in Perth. They're probably trying to find other income streams ahead of the Tasmanian Deviles coming into the comp.
    I have no problem with that but weren't we considering playing a game down in Geelong a few years back and were told no, we had to go to emerging markets? While the direction from the AFL might have now changed, clearly games in Perth don't fit that requirement.

North are still struggling.
    I'm sure West Coast or Freo would love to play an away game v North in Perth but it really doesn't make much sense.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure West Coast or Freo would love to play an away game v North in Perth but it really doesn't make much sense.
    The AFL should not let them. There's an integrity issue here.

I understand that clubs should be able to play 'THEIR' home games wherever they like. At the same time, if that location is the home venue (or home venue adjacent) to another club, it should not be allowed.

I should probably shut-up as I said not a single word when we played some games up in Cairns - clearly NOT part of the Bulldogs heartland - but North playing in Perth is just plain silly. If there was a suitable venue available, I could ALMOST understand them trying to play a game in regional WA (Bunbury) - but there just isn't (great country venues are not even the standard of state league grounds in most cases and in the case of Bunbury that is definitely the case) but to play in Perth in front of a crowd filled with opposition supporters? Should not be allowed to happen.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes $en$e

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The AFL should not let them. There's an integrity issue here.

I understand that clubs should be able to play 'THEIR' home games wherever they like. At the same time, if that location is the home venue (or home venue adjacent) to another club, it should not be allowed.

I should probably shut-up as I said not a single word when we played some games up in Cairns - clearly NOT part of the Bulldogs heartland - but North playing in Perth is just plain silly. If there was a suitable venue available, I could ALMOST understand them trying to play a game in regional WA (Bunbury) - but there just isn't (great country venues are not even the standard of state league grounds in most cases and in the case of Bunbury that is definitely the case) but to play in Perth in front of a crowd filled with opposition supporters? Should not be allowed to happen.
    I believe both Fremantle and West Coast have asked the AFL to consider equalizing the travel they both have to endure by scheduling each of the Melbourne clubs to play one extra game there every 5 years. That would mean they are home for that extra round each year. I get there is a significant travel component and how tiring that would be but I'm not sure if one extra game at home at year actually solves that for them.

When we played games in Cairns it at least fitted the promotion of the code within an emerging market for the AFL.

Back to North I would imagine they'd get a few additional incentives to play a home game there and the WC could probably make it worth their while.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"