Thanks Thanks:  409
Likes Likes:  2,403
Page 312 of 312 FirstFirst ... 212262302303304305306307308309310311312
Results 4,666 to 4,675 of 4675
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Collingwood to meet with former Western Bulldog Robert Murphy over key off-field role

Jay Clark October 18, 2024 - 10:42AM

After the departures of Graham Wright and Brendan Bolton, Collingwood are on the look out for highly-credentialed replacements. An ex-Western Bulldogs star might be one of them.

Collingwood is set to meet with Western Bulldogs’ legend Robert Murphy about potentially joining the Magpies in a key off-field role.

Murphy, who captained Western Bulldogs amid a sparkling 312-game career, has returned to Victoria after spending three years at Fremantle in various roles including head of football and performance and leadership boss.

The Magpies are set to rejig their football department and have been speaking to highly-credentialed candidates about helping replace Graham Wright and Brendon Bolton as new head of football.

Collingwood missed out on Port’s Chris Davies and Brisbane’s Danny Daly, but are set to speak with Murphy, 42, next week.

The Magpies need to lock in a new right hand man for coach Craig McRae by the start of preseason next month.

Murphy was also considering a return to the footy media after a decorated stint on radio and as a newspaper columnist, but could be swayed to stay in club land in 2025.

Murphy is a popular and highly-respected figure in football for helping lead the Bulldogs from the bottom reaches of the ladder to the 2016 premiership.

He didn’t play in the 2016 Grand Final after suffering a torn ACL but was given Luke Beveridge’s premiership medallion.
    Quite a bit of mayo on that assessment.

Good luck to him if he lands a gig at the filth.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Worth mentioning Stringer. His devaluation is staggering for a young AA.

Top pick to us.
    Two mid range picks on to the Dons.
    Pick 53, with some salary, on to the GWS.

Just staggering his fall. Are Essendon fans still gloating over what they paid. Or have they worked out they gave up the picks to Balta and TDK? To get Pick 53 after a handful of seasons. Dodoro wins again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Worth mentioning Stringer. His devaluation is staggering for a young AA.

Top pick to us.
    Two mid range picks on to the Dons.
    Pick 53, with some salary, on to the GWS.

Just staggering his fall. Are Essendon fans still gloating over what they paid. Or have they worked out they gave up the picks to Balta and TDK? To get Pick 53 after a handful of seasons. Dodoro wins again.
    But he got them finals success…oh hang on…
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes josie, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Of all the bylines on WOOF, and there are many, this one where you flog Murphy as overrated is one of my favourites.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

7. Likes Go_Dogs, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Articles aligning everything to Brit-pop indie rock lyrics are great.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

9. Likes Sedat, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Articles aligning everything to Brit-pop indie rock lyrics are great.
    I give him props for naming his son Jarvis instead of the more obvious Noel, Liam or Damon. Although he probably should have given more consideration to Gaz - also would have won him some extra hipster cred points going further left of centre.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I give him props for naming his son Jarvis instead of the more obvious Noel, Liam or Damon. Although he probably should have given more consideration to Gaz - also would have won him some extra hipster cred points going further left of centre.
    Could have gone with Graham.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Could have gone with Graham.
    Extremely underrated songwriter. He wrote the soundtrack to a superb show called The End of the F***ing World
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

From Code Sports

New St Kilda recruit Jack Macrae says he wants to return to “the peak of my powers” in an inside midfield role at Moorabbin, adamant he is not a spent force at AFL level.

Macrae, 30, said there was no bad blood between him and Western Bulldogs despite finding it “really difficult” at times being dumped to the VFL and regularly made sub in 2024.

In his first interview since the trade for pick No. 45, Macrae said he was at peace with the Dogs’ decision to opt for “more speed and a different dynamic” in the midfield this year instead of throwing “the toys out of the cot”.

But the experience hasn’t shaken Macrae’s faith in his own ability, with the three-time All-Australian targeting an impactful return to the centre square at his new club.

“I know it would have been easier to cruise around at the Dogs and stay for the last few years, and there are no ill feelings there at all,” Macrae said.

“But there is definitely the fire in the belly and determination to get the absolute most out of the rest of my career.

“So, it wasn’t the easiest decision – to leave the club – but it was definitely the right one because I want to get back to the absolute peak of my powers of my football ability.

“I still feel like I have a lot to offer in that sense.”

Macrae said he had several conversations with new coach Ross Lyon post-season and was certain the club’s direction and game plan was “an exciting fit” for him.

In particular, the popular team member said he looked forward to teaching the next wave of Saints’ playmakers the tricks of the midfield trade.

“Just where they are at with their list, it’s obviously a young and exciting group,” he said.

“So they probably had a need for what I can bring with my strengths around the midfield side of things.

“The way the game is going it is such a strong transition-based game, it is contest-to-contest running.

“But also hopefully I can be a bit of a mentor with some of my experiences.

“I have played with some great players in a really strong midfield so I hope that can help grow others in that area.

“Their midfield really spiked late in the year so hopefully I can add to that. I feel like I have some really strong football still to play.”

Macrae, who helped lead the Bulldogs to the 2016 premiership in only his fourth season, will help replace Seb Ross and potentially Brad Crouch as he deals with a degenerative knee issue.

The running machine was eager to begin training next month after avoiding surgery every season across his 12 years at the top level.

And Macrae will play his 250th game in Round 1 after gathering seven touches as substitute in his last game for the Dogs in the elimination final thrashing from Hawthorn.

Regardless, Macrae said he will be forever grateful for his time at the Dogs, and was eager to maintain the right attitude when things got tough this year.
    “It was hard, but the Bulldogs have got a strong midfield and then there was (Ryley) Sanders, Ed Richards coming through and (Harvey) Gallagher, a few players who offer a different dynamic to me,” he said.

More Coverage

‘Wasn’t quite suiting me’: Luko’s breaking point at Suns

Kennel call: Why Kennedy ditched Blues in last-gasp trade
    “So it was nothing personal. The conversations I had with ‘Bevo’ were always upfront and honest.

“When I went to the VFL a few times it was important to me to have a strong mindset and be a really good leader because it can be easier to throw the toys out of the cot.

“I really wanted to show I could get on with it and be a real pro in those areas and I feel like I did that.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Good on him. Going to be so weird seeing Jacko at another club.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?