Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  142
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Afl - w 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Afl - w 2024

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think we are in with a real shot of splitting the year (5-5?? Is that still in play??).

Actually thinking about wandering down the road next week...watch the girls, have a beer...sounds like a nice Sunday avo!
    That would be a fantastic result considering our very poor last season.

Steady improvement. That's what we want.

You should go. We're playing with real heart.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched last qtr & a bit. Good come from behind win. Bit lucky with Saints missing everything with their last shot at goal. Just watching replay of Q1 and agree with Ledge, our forward line not working well, good elsewhere. Our competitive play & pressure is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Watched last qtr & a bit. Good come from behind win. Bit lucky with Saints missing everything with their last shot at goal. Just watching replay of Q1 and agree with Ledge, our forward line not working well, good elsewhere. Our competitive play & pressure is good.
    I'm not gonna say it but I'm gonna say it. Some of those free kicks against us late were borderline cheating by the umpires. Pretty sure they had doubled our free kick count for the match as well. Don't touch Wardlaw. She's a good player but a very protected species.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm not gonna say it but I'm gonna say it. Some of those free kicks against us late were borderline cheating by the umpires. Pretty sure they had doubled our free kick count for the match as well. Don't touch Wardlaw. She's a good player but a very protected species.
    Yeah-poetic justice really. Mind you the front on contact in goal square with 4 mins to go in Q3 should have been a gimmie goal from dead in front to Saints.

First half some horrible umpiring too. Blatantly biased - HTB against Saints in our F50 missed & a few moments later one against us that was possibly there but often not paid, however nowhere near as clear as earlier one.

Gee - Berry’s goal was a pearl.

Some of the handball connection play today, like last week, was electric to watch. Really think we’re building something good.
    Last edited by josie; Yesterday at 06:25 PM.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Yeah-poetic justice really. Mind you the front on contact in goal square with 4 mins to go in Q3 should have been a gimmie goal from dead in front to Saints.

First half some horrible umpiring too. Blatantly biased - HTB against Saints in our F50 missed & a few moments later one against us that was possibly there but often not paid, however nowhere near as clear as earlier one.

Gee - Berry’s goal was a pearl.

Some of the handball connection play today, like last week, was electric to watch. Really think we’re building something good.
    Josie don't argue with me with sound logic!

Our confidence is up and we're playing for each other.

Hope we can keep the list together.

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you told me we'd be 4 & 5 after losing Ellie then I'd call you a liar. If we can build on this next season and roll with the lessons that have been learnt then this could be a big year for galvanising the team.

edit: Also hopefully a season without losing important players via trade because getting real sick of that shit.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Don't touch Wardlaw. She's a good player but a very protected species.
    She gets kicks because she's first to the ball.

I thought we went into our shells late and worried too much about containing the Saints vs just going and getting the bloody thing.

The umpiring is universally putrid in the AFLW and I actually don't understand how it is so hard. Though - to be fair the commentary is worse than the umpiring which is an incredibly hard achievement...at least next week I can go and watch so wont have to deal with that side of it...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes Testekill, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nope. I made that exact call about four weeks ago.
    The growth in Fitzgerald and Pritchard since has been off the charts. I honestly though Fitzy was never going to fulfil her huge potential but she?s had the best few weeks of her career. Pritchard looks so composed and her left foot is an absolute weapon.
    Credit to Edmonds too. Been an absolute champ in there all year.
    Some real growth shown by players like Gorham, Carruthers and Wilcox.
    Really proud of what the girls have done in what I thought was going to be an absolute grind of a season.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

14. Likes Testekill, josie, Prince Imperial, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of players are improving across the board. If we covering the midfield next year I would like to see Ellie forward of Centre where I think she could improve our forward connections and scoring.
    I don't know if I'm sold on Mckee she seems to fumble a fair bit and for someone noted as a marking target she drops a few.
    Next year should tell us more about the direction we are going if the arrow keeps pointing upwards.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...