Thanks Thanks:  411
Likes Likes:  2,415
Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303304305306307308309310311312313
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 4690
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Aw man, we don’t wanna see this.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll play some great footy for the Roos. I'll be interested to see if he gets any centre bounce midfield time, because he never really got that opportunity in his 9 years with us (from what I remember).

Not sure if it was the chicken or the egg, but his confidence in decision making and skill execution early in the season was really low. He was playing solid AFL football in the back half of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think he'll play some great footy for the Roos. I'll be interested to see if he gets any centre bounce midfield time, because he never really got that opportunity in his 9 years with us (from what I remember).

Not sure if it was the chicken or the egg, but his confidence in decision making and skill execution early in the season was really low. He was playing solid AFL football in the back half of the year.
    North's kicking out of the back half was woeful this year. He might end up a victim of his own good disposal and they find he's too important in getting the ball out of D50 to give him the 50% of midfield time he wants.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like that from Caleb's perspective Daniel Pratt didn't want him in the back line because of a lack of leg speed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It sounds like that from Caleb's perspective Daniel Pratt didn't want him in the back line because of a lack of leg speed.
    Was about to say this one seems like it was more than just a Bevo decision to keep him on the outer limits of the team.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO leaving him out so much cost us a few games early and letting him go will cost us going forward. It's one thing to get a nice number on draft day, that number doesn't give you any heart or soul though, something we've cut deep into. I will probably get a few @s but don't care. We should have played him more and we should not have traded him.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was an issue down back as he stifled our run. Bevo/Pratt wanted fast movement and Daniel likes to hold the ball, run around in circles and then deliver a 15m pass sideways. It was also one of the reasons he no longer took the kick ins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    IMO leaving him out so much cost us a few games early and letting him go will cost us going forward. It's one thing to get a nice number on draft day, that number doesn't give you any heart or soul though, something we've cut deep into. I will probably get a few @s but don't care. We should have played him more and we should not have traded him.
    I'm really sad to see him go, and wish we had identified earlier that he didn't have a spot at half back and spent time training him as a wing/half forward/small forward/Duryea replacement. He is too high quality to not be getting games SOMEWHERE in the field, and I've been consistent that it was a failure of coaching to not find him a spot.

But I don't think the club got it wrong playing Bramble and Freijah ahead of him in that half back role. They both performed well, and particularly Freijah deserved and blossomed from his opportunities. Caleb only really got his chances later in the season because JJ was injured and Ed was playing midfield.

10. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I hate it.

12. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a lot of trouble getting players over to the club when they are in their prime so is there a scenario now where we need to change our approach and be more open to trade players like Daniel when we can achieve a good deal?
    We might all want a our good players being one club players but the AFL is moving towards more players changing clubs so perhaps we need to accept it and start getting back decent returns on players when we no longer have a defined role for players.
    I rated Caleb highly but I think we got a good return in that trade.
    Some soccer clubs remain competitive because they will trade players when they can get good value in that trade.