Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  170
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 vs Fremantle Dockers

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You're probably right.

What match-up does he get??
    I assume their main tall forwards if fit are going to be Treacy, Amiss & Jackson.
    Ours tall backs Jones, Buss & JOD.

I guess it’s more about who Jones is preferred to match up on. JOD on Amiss seems a good match. So I guess Treacy or Jackson.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You're probably right.

What match-up does he get??
    BT don?t fall for it, it is a trap!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes EasternWest, The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I assume their main tall forwards if fit are going to be Treacy, Amiss & Jackson.
    Ours tall backs Jones, Buss & JOD.

I guess it’s more about who Jones is preferred to match up on. JOD on Amiss seems a good match. So I guess Treacy or Jackson.
    Too late I see.

5. Likes EasternWest, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BT don?t fall for it, it is a trap!
    No trap. Genuinely curious.

I hate the JOD/Amiss matchup as Amiss is the craftiest of the 3 and I would have said JOD was the LEAST crafty of the 3...but I also think Buss is a terrible matchup for both Treacy and Jackson.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the JOD/Amiss matchup as Amiss is the craftiest of the 3 and I would have said JOD was the LEAST crafty of the 3...but I also think Buss is a terrible matchup for both Treacy and Jackson.
    Will be interesting with Buss if he does play as to who he goes to. Inside they still don't feel he is ready with a bit to learn playing in defence. But the opportunity has come up so lets seee what he has got. Treacy more up and down so maybe he goes there. Definitely won't be Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like

JOD is a forward this is a weird conversation.

We definitely never swing players around.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t seen enough of Buss at VFL level, but will he be comfortable playing higher with Jones playing deeper?

Agree it’s a tough set of match ups this week, especially if they’re able to get clean ball from the midfield. If we can be dominate and apply pressure, we stand a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if Buss plays it has to be on Amiss. Jackson and Treacy will be too strong for him, and our back 6 haven’t exactly been awesome at help defending this season.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the Amiss match up full stop. He is an underrated talent here in Victoria.

Jones would be a good option but he will be caught between zoning off and playing man on man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I hate the Amiss match up full stop. He is an underrated talent here in Victoria.

Jones would be a good option but he will be caught between zoning off and playing man on man.
    I get the impression Amiss is quick, which from all reports is not a strength of Busslinger.

I'm expecting Khamis to come in. If he is training on Lobb then that seems as good prep as possible for us to give him before getting to play on ruck forward types Jacksin and Treacy.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Who did Buku play on 7 games ago against Dockers. From memory he got burnt and played one of his worse games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to play Buss. That or Khamis back in. I prefer the former. That they have a trio that kicked 10 between them last start and we have injuries is just the way it is. We need our mids to limit the supply or slow it down.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who did Buku play on 7 games ago against Dockers. From memory he got burnt and played one of his worse games.
    Treacy from memory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Treacy from memory.
    Argh yes, I think you are right. I was away on holidays and missed it and only saw bits and pieces through dodgy VPN
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Argh yes, I think you are right. I was away on holidays and missed it and only saw bits and pieces through dodgy VPN
    From memory it was one of Treacy’s best games and Buku looked completely lost.