• 1.2 million p.a

4 6.45%
  • 1.3 million p.a

1 1.61%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 4.84%
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    BIG DOG’S ‘IMPASSE’ ON BIG-MONEY TALKS

Ralph also reported the stall on contract talks between the Western Bulldogs and 2023 All-Australian ruckman Tim English.

“He’s at a contract impasse,” he told Midweek Tackle. “I reckon the Dogs are prepared to get to five years, (but) he wants six or seven years at a million (dollars) plus.

“I don’t think (that will happen), right now. He’s the ninth-ranked ruckman in the AFL.

“It’s time for him to have a massive 10 weeks. You know why Aaron Naughton got a massive deal? Because he got offers of 10 years elsewhere.

“This bloke, if he wants the money, (he’s) got to perform. You’re only as good as your last month, and it’s been poor.”

English, eligible for restricted free agency, has averaged 16.9 disposals, 5.8 marks, 3.6 tackles and 2.5 inside-50s — all of which are down on his All-Australian averages of last season.

LINK
    Sounds like a bit of guess work, "i reckon" means his opinion and he wants six or seven years, is it six or seven? Anyway, let's say 6 on a Million plus, i mean absolutely want to keep him but, does he influence games enough on a consistent basis to earn that big fat contract? hmmm not so sure, plus the risks with his history of concussions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Interesting to see how this plays out.

We enjoy handing out inflated contracts so I'm concerned. I'm not sure how we could possibly justify 1m for Tim on any deal, short or long term.
    The highest paid ruckman, for the ninth ranked ruck this year.

Kind of our bag, baby.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Kind of our bag, baby.
    How is the ranking determined?

He is number two for Hit outs to advantage, 1 ahead of Gawn - hitouts are nothing if you tap it to the opposition.

Number 1 with Gawn for total Marks. Needs to improve on clearances and CP, 5th for total disposals

All compared to other rucks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

He is number two for Hit outs to advantage - hitouts are nothing if you tap it to the opposition
    Don’t know how Ralphy works it out. But surely it’s more than hit outs to advantage, such as other stats he referenced about Tim’s output going backward from last year.

I’d like to keep him on a fair deal. But 6-7 years on $1M+ an is an insane demand from Tim. If someone else wants to give him that deal then we get good compo of force a trade. That’s almost ambit claim material as far as I’m concerned.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know how Ralphy works it out. But surely it’s more than hit outs to advantage, such as other stats he referenced about Tim’s output going backward from last year.

I’d like to keep him on a fair deal. But 6-7 years on $1M+ an is an insane demand from Tim. If someone else wants to give him that deal then we get good compo of force a trade. That’s almost ambit claim material as far as I’m concerned.
    Sorry, I added some more stats, you were too quick for me

6-7 - yeah, trying it on, part of negotiating. They will come up with a figure that is reasonable and suits both.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of our bag, baby.
    Remember when we could have gone after Grundy or Goldstein for next to nothing?

Insert Steve Harvey laughter/realisation meme.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I added some more stats, you were too quick for me

6-7 - yeah, trying it on, part of negotiating. They will come up with a figure that is reasonable and suits both.
    If he wants to stay and we have a poor finish, he might be going. If we lose tomorrow and Hawks win then the compo tomorrow would be Pick 7. We essentially get the pick given up for Sanders, so it’s English for Sanders effectively (savings a bucket load of cash too). I can live with that if he continues to hold this line. It’s not like he’s doing a Stringer and playing out of his skin in a contract year either. After demanding to stay by only playing first ruck, I actually find the demand a smidge disappointing to be honest. But we will see I guess. But if this isn’t done in the next month or so, I’m calling him gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Remember when we could have gone after Grundy or Goldstein for next to nothing?

Insert Steve Harvey laughter/realisation meme.
    I have no mental recall of that. So you must be mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

He is number two for Hit outs to advantage, 1 ahead of Gawn - hitouts are nothing if you tap it to the opposition.

Number 1 with Gawn for total Marks. Needs to improve on clearances and CP, 5th for total disposals

I checked the program to see if there were any graphics showing what ranking was used but nope. No dice

12. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Ninth mate. Clear as day.

I don't want to be offering Tim more than four to five years. No worries about $1M as that's just permission to play with the salary cap changes. The long term exposure to concussion worries me.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah. Ninth mate. Clear as day.

I don't want to be offering Tim more than four to five years. No worries about $1M as that's just permission to play with the salary cap changes. The long term exposure to concussion worries me.
    5 years max @ $1m per year. What a challenge for him today versus Freo and the big boys. We will see where he is at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Based on this year he is not a $1m a year guy. I think roll the dice offer around the 800k on as long as he wants. He continues to develop but is not as good as Grundy, Gawn or even Darcy or Nankerus right now.

He got lucky last year with AA selection as Hawn troweled him up against us

Post Thanks / Like

We go and pay over $1m per season then shame on us and well done to Tim and his manager. Today just shows we can money ball that position with a heavy hitting type ruckman at 1/4 of the price. Darcy has more hunger and intensity already and we still have Rory Lobb contracted. IMO it's a no brainer, trade him out and cash out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We go and pay over $1m per season then shame on us.and well done to Tim and his manager. Today just shows we can money ball that position with a heavy hitting type ruckman at 1/4 of the price. Darcy has more hunger and intensity already and we still have Rory Lobb contracted.IMO it's a no brainer, trade him out and cash out.
    If he gets the cash and the years we know his new manager is John Setka…

I’ll take the compo please.��

Post Thanks / Like

Xerri has been in goof form, second highest rated ruck in the game the past few weeks. So English had a task on his hands today.

What disappointed me about Tim today was how he failed to commit to the body early in aerial contests. That's commitment and concentration, and while I can cop him being beaten at times in the ruck, I can't cop a guy wanting seven years at $1M plus a year not being committed or concentrating on his task.

He needs a big game against the league's best and most underutilised ruck next week.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

20. Likes josie liked this post