Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  85
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 18 VS Carlton

JJ mentioned on the Danny Boyd pod that he’d be ready for the Carlton game, whether that’s straight into the seniors is a question, but he might be an option. There’s bugger all at VFL level to get excited about. Pray that Jones can play and at least he and Lobb can go to Curnow and McKay.
    Garcia’s numbers were good at VFL level so maybe he gets a shot.

In: Jones, Weightman, JJ, Garcia
    Out: Naughton, JOD, Gallagher, McNeil

McNeil stays in if Cody can’t play.
    I go to the movies if Jones can’t play.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

While he's making progress I can't see JJ being available at Carlton given his last session during the week was a combination of rehab and full training. Lets hope that he's further advanced than I think he is. I'm not confident on Weightman.

Jones is a fair chance of being available.

Out Naughton, JOD, Gallagher and Khamis
    In Jones, Freijah, Garcia and Baker
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks The Underdog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While he's making progress I can't see JJ being available at Carlton given his last session during the week was a combination of rehab and full training. Lets hope that he's further advanced than I think he is. I'm not confident on Weightman.

Jones is a fair chance of being available.

Out Naughton, JOD, Gallagher and Khamis
    In Jones, Freijah, Garcia and Baker
    Cheers, JJ might have been optimistic, but it’s a thin selection group.
    I’d completely forgotten Khamis. Maybe Buss gets a role as the 3rd tall defender over him, a debut and contract extension in the same week.
    Says a lot that Caleb isn’t really being thrown out there as an option.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Chef mentioned Weightman maybe out for a long time? Anyone else heard anything?

I think Gallagher needs a spell.

Other than McKay and Curnow, are there any other talls in Carlton's forward line? If not Lobb to McKay, and Jones to Curnow and drop Buku.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: JOD, Coffield, Naughton, Macrae
    In: Jones, Freijah, Baker, Garcia

-Jones straight swap in for JOD
    -I thought Coffield was fine yesterday, but we looked incredibly stagnant coming from half-back and he doesn't help that. Freijah gives us better leg-speed from half-back and it was weird to leave him out. Considered Buku as the one out, but I think his aerial defensive work was actually solid
    -I thought Macrae wasn't the worst yesterday either, but he's the slowest small in a forward line that let it springboard out way too easily. Baker and Garcia playing high should bring some more pace and intensity

7. Likes GVGjr, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would Buss finally debut for JOD?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Chef mentioned Weightman maybe out for a long time? Anyone else heard anything?

I think Gallagher needs a spell.

Other than McKay and Curnow, are there any other talls in Carlton's forward line? If not Lobb to McKay, and Jones to Curnow and drop Buku.
    It was mentioned last pre season Cody had the same/similar injury and missed five weeks. Hopefully this time the severity is not as bad.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jones is still out and Lobb goes to Mackay, who the hell takes Curnow? Has Bont ever played in defence?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Would Buss finally debut for JOD?
    There is a decent chance but it's a hell of a time for a debut against two excellent forwards.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

There is a decent chance but it's a hell of a time for a debut against two excellent forwards.
    Which is probably why we should've blooded him against North instead of going to Buku again.

Our hand has been forced this time, but we've handled it poorly.

14. Likes Dry Rot, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Which is probably why we should've blooded him against North instead of going to Buku again.

Our hand has been forced this time, but we've handled it poorly.
    Assuming Jones is back this week, Buss could take the 3rd tall (ie: TDK when he's resting forward), with Jones and Lobb taking the big boys. That would free up Buku to play forward where he a naturally better player, which ensures Darcy and JUH have additional aerial support to keep Weitering and McGovern honest and stop both from peeling off.

That is less daunting for a debutant tall defender. I can't imagine we would send Buss to the wolves on one of McKay or Curnow.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Assuming Jones is back this week, Buss could take the 3rd tall (ie: TDK when he's resting forward), with Jones and Lobb taking the big boys. That would free up Buku to play forward where he a naturally better player, which ensures Darcy and JUH have additional aerial support to keep Weitering and McGovern honest and stop both from peeling off.

That is less daunting for a debutant tall defender. I can't imagine we would send Buss to the wolves on one of McKay or Curnow.
    I'd prefer to play Harmes as that sixth forward and go in with the smaller forward set-up. Harmes has been a pretty intelligent user of the ball going inside 50, will harass and tackle and was hitting the scoreboard before he went out.

I know he's broadly not liked, but he'd hit a really solid patch of form before injury and we miss someone who will actually hit a leading forward as well as make opposition defenders accountable.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we've had weeks to do it, throw him in and see how he goes.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I'd prefer to play Harmes as that sixth forward and go in with the smaller forward set-up. Harmes has been a pretty intelligent user of the ball going inside 50, will harass and tackle and was hitting the scoreboard before he went out.

I know he's broadly not liked, but he'd hit a really solid patch of form before injury and we miss someone who will actually hit a leading forward as well as make opposition defenders accountable.
    I'm seat 1A on the Harmes bandwagon - you can't have enough team-first and selfless players in your 23. I think there's room for both, and Khamis adds some flexibility in the event of any potential injuries in-game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm seat 1A on the Harmes bandwagon - you can't have enough team-first and selfless players in your 23. I think there's room for both, and Khamis adds some flexibility in the event of any potential injuries in-game.
    Harmes is injured. That?s why he didn?t play on Saturday. Not sure j he ow he come into either side. Probably miss 4-6 weeks if it?s his hamstring

21. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post