Thanks Thanks:  184
Likes Likes:  1,422

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by my plums View Post
    I heard someone on the Radio yesterday say the Bombers have one of the best lists. So i had to go check, and I see Weideman there. Couldn't believe it, and then bang he is selected. What a turn of events!
    Was it Adrian from Avondale Heights?

2. Likes my plums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Melbourne ditched him for Schache. For once, Melbourne made the right call
    Schache who can't get a game as a tall forward when they are crying out for one.

Weidemann who is to be tested for last 2 games of the season to see if his worth being kept on the list ?

Captain who out of loyalty stayed but can't get a came this round.

Yep one of the best lists going around.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodoro has been list manager since 1998. Twenty seven years of ineptitude. It really is amazing.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Dodoro has been list manager since 1998. Twenty seven years of ineptitude. It really is amazing.
    Hird going to Port under MC Cartney , can’t be rated much as a coach it your assistant to Brendan, and bombers want him to come back as coach lol
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Heppell to play farewell game in Brisbane. Yeah Scott the stadium will be full of Bombers supporters - idiot
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Essendon would reward their players that way

Pyrrhic victory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Heppell to play farewell game in Brisbane. Yeah Scott the stadium will be full of Bombers supporters - idiot
    Well until last week's loss they were still a chance of making the finals. Would you suggest they put farewell game considerations ahead of best 22/23 selections?

I know it's not ideal but in my opinion you've got this one wrong.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well until last week's loss they were still a chance of making the finals. Would you suggest they put farewell game considerations ahead of best 22/23 selections?

I agree...if he wasn't best 22 and they still had a chance, well...

They have been eliminated now and have obviously given him the option of a farewell game that he's taken up...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I agree...if he wasn't best 22 and they still had a chance, well...

They have been eliminated now and have obviously given him the option of a farewell game that he's taken up...
    Heppell also made it clear to the coach that he didn't want to be gifted games. Had they dropped out of the race 2 weeks earlier it would have been fitting to give him a farewell game in Melbourne but I really don't think Essendon and Scott did anything wrong by putting the teams finals ambitions at the front of their selection preferences.

14. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I do have this wrong. Sometimes a player due to his mere presence on the ground can lift the team. Even some Essendon players thought he should have played. I wonder if that played on their minds.

It's not as if Heppell was totally cooked, he did play 17 games this year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I do have this wrong. Sometimes a player due to his mere presence on the ground can lift the team. Even some Essendon players thought he should have played. I wonder if that played on their minds.

Calling Scott an idiot based on him not playing Heppell last week is the wrong call in my opinion. Heppell was okay with it and clearly with finals on the line the coach thought the best chance of a win was with the 22 they went with.
    Your call though.

Post Thanks / Like

Heppell also made it clear to the coach that he didn't want to be gifted games. Had they dropped out of the race 2 weeks earlier it would have been fitting to give him a farewell game in Melbourne but I really don't think Essendon and Scott did anything wrong by putting the teams finals ambitions at the front of their selection preferences.
    On the flip-side - how much of a boost would his teammates get with a celebration of loyalty?

Imagine him as a sub: they need to lift, Heppell comes on and the crowd go nuts. I actually think Scott missed a rare opportunity to tap into 'something' that would boost the performance of the whole team. Heaven knows they needed some good news, a spark, a 'something' and they absolutely fluffed their chance of grabbing that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes bornadog, josie, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling Scott an idiot based on him not playing Heppell last week is the wrong call in my opinion. Heppell was okay with it and clearly with finals on the line the coach thought the best chance of a win was with the 22 they went with.
    Your call though.
    I'm with bad. I get it if he wasn't a regular player during the season but he'd played nearly all the games.

Plus, he brings in a dud like Weidemann and guess what he was a liability. How you expect a guy to just play well in a cut throat game after not playing all year is beyond me.

Menzies is another, God he is barely afl standard. Heppell as the sub makes a lot of sense.

Heppell should have played its a no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed he should have played. You could tell post match that the coach thought the same and had made a blunder.

Could have instilled some belief by 'doing it for Hepp' and built some culture at the same time but they failed at both.

Poor pre-match coaching.

Long may that trend continue.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

23. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes macca liked this post