Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  340
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Lobb was quite outstanding. Had absolutely zero help around him, but repelled a number of attacks, took intercept marks, used the ball well and looked composed, focused and hardened.

WTF happened to the rest?

I thought Jones was average at best and his second half of the year showed some signs the end mightn't be far at all. I've long been a fan of Duryea but it's time to move on, he played himself out of a contract and I know it was one game but if we can't rely on his experience in a big final, there's no point moving forward. I was really disappointed by how he lost his footing, trailed behind and turned it over under zero pressure.

Haven't seen much said about JOD but he hasn't had a good year. I expected more. Need to keep playing him but I'm not sure where he actually fits, he was made look slow, physically dominated, and lost at times.

Really liked how Freijah got himself into the game. Some worrying moments early, but then got involved and had some excellent pieces of play when it must've felt like the world was crumbling around him. Very exciting talent.

McNeils effort was great, gave everything he had. The issue for us is that we get no scoreboard pressure from him or VDM weekly. We need to upgrade both.

I'm pretty dirty on Bont. Kicks one OOTF (hard shot), drops a mark, has 6 touches to HT, wanted to play aerial ping pong. A strange performance.

Love to know what was going on with Marra. Starts on the bench which was odd, came on and looked disinterested. Zero effort to chase and compete. Was he sore? Ill? Incredibly disappointing.

Although we ended the first quarter with a lead, I was concerned. We just didn't look sharp, our pressure was well off. Once Hawthorn felt comfortable, their confidence grew and they started running. Their ability to release a runner in any position on the ground put us to the sword. We couldn't go with them. Their skills were very good, but for me it was their running power. We couldn't and didn't pressure them, so they linked up and ran both through and around us.

It will be interesting to see if bringing in Barrass and Battle actually slows them up. Athletically they're streets ahead of most teams, including us.

For us, we're going to have to invest in Buss heavily from here. We desperately need to find some pressure forwards with pace who can hit the scoreboard.

We've invested a lot in Gags this year and he really hasn't delivered in a mid role. I'd be grooming him to replace Duryea.

Feel the list needs a further injection of youth. Must move past VDM, McNeil, Harmes, Daniel, Macrae, Libba and co, particularly with Tasmania entering.

Last night leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
    Summed up alot of my thoughts too - I'm really worried about Jones next year and I'd hate to see the mess our defence would be in if Lobb hadn't fully committed to CHB. I was surprised how good his ground work was against the Hawks too.

Libba worries me too. Very much.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb was BOG for us on Friday. Chol had lots of supply and he did a good effort in nullifying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Lobb was BOG for us on Friday. Chol had lots of supply and he did a good effort in nullifying.
    Lobb thrashed Chol who only had 6 disposals and no goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Summed up alot of my thoughts too - I'm really worried about Jones next year and I'd hate to see the mess our defence would be in if Lobb hadn't fully committed to CHB. I was surprised how good his ground work was against the Hawks too.

Libba worries me too. Very much.
    With Jones probably in his last year how would English go at CHB? Buss could be the intercept defender with English playing on the tall? Lobb plays at FB.

5. Likes josie liked this post