Thanks Thanks:  92
Likes Likes:  605
Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Let me guess. Geelong supporters pushing that? Maybe if they throw in Ottens & Scarlett we will be close…
    Nah, Tom Hawkins - he can help us with our key forward woes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Parfitt is no good. Slow and covers the ground poorly. He is basically all the reasons we don't want to play Macrae with none of the upside.
    I would consider Jhye Clark only because Geelong clearly had him in mind for long-term when the did the Bowes deal. He might not have shot the lights out yet at AFEL level, but he is a hard-as-a-cats-head inside mid who is currently stuck behind Danger, Bruhn, Atkins and Bowes in the pecking order - and he plays in an area of obvious future need for us.

No thanks on Parfitt - have we not learned from Tim Callan, Brodie Moles and Nathan Djerkurra? Geelong are very happy to let players go that aren't at the level, and reluctantly let serious players go for big overs (ie: Tim Kelly).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Could we squeeze Brad Close out of Geelong as part of a deal? Don?t watch a heap of the Cats but when I do he seems very lively.

Not sure I would be trading for Dan Houston
    , if he was a free agent different story. We need more quality kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Could we squeeze Brad Close out of Geelong as part of a deal? Don?t watch a heap of the Cats but when I do he seems very lively.
    He's a rolled-gold jet in that pressure forward role, but Geelong aren't letting him go unless someone sells the farm and the sub-division for him.

I'd be having a look at the plethora of Giants small pressure forwards who either aren't getting a game/regular senior looks at present (like Phoenix Gothard, Harvey Thomas, Toby McMullin). Sydney have Caiden Cleary and Jacob Kostanty as well, who are stuck behind the queue at the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like James Peatling is recommitting to GWS, we might as well strike that off anyone's wish list.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is unbelievable - wasn't sure where to put it.
    If Mac Andrew is getting a $12 million contract I shudder to think what we are going to have to stump up for Sam Darcy next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If Mac Andrew is getting a $12 million contract I shudder to think what we are going to have to stump up for Sam Darcy next time.
    Yep…that is a joke…only takes an ACL to regret that decision by the club.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

from Foxfooty

Despite public stances suggesting the contrary, it has become increasingly clear All-Australian defender Dan Houston is assessing his departure options ? and it seems there are five rivals pressing hardest for his services.

Carlton, St Kilda, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs have recently met with Houston, according to AFL Media journalist Cal Twomey, while North Melbourne is in play to a lesser extent and Melbourne was initially-but-no-longer linked.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Houston is a very good player but why are we interested?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Houston is a very good player but why are we interested?
    Elite user off halfback or wing?

Post Thanks / Like

from Foxfooty
    In order….
    Carlton, st kilda, collingwood, US
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is unbelievable - wasn't sure where to put it.
    Kane Cornes is going to have a massive hate wank over this.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Kane Cornes is going to have a massive hate wank over this.
    He's been preoccupied doing some heavy duty fapping since the EF when his genius overcame his Antichrist

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He's been preoccupied doing some heavy duty fapping since the EF when his genius overcame his Antichrist
    Staaaaaaacked, staaaaaaaacked, the list, the list, oh my god it's staaaaaaaaaacked!
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

17. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Martin in talks with Gold Coast over continuing his AFL career

Dustin Martin has met Gold Coast coach Damien Hardwick in the post-season, intensifying speculation one of the game’s greats is set to join the Suns for the 2025 season.

Martin, 32, would become a Suns player as a free agent.

The shock development that Martin is leaning towards continuing his AFL career has grown substance in recent weeks.

The cost for the Suns would be a list spot and Martin’s wage – estimated to be $500,000-$700,000 – and the Tigers would receive nothing.

Martin, 33, played his final game for the Tigers on August 3 and announced his retirement two days later.

It’s believed Martin has spent recent weeks weighing up whether he has the motivation to continue playing.

It’s also believed Martin has dropped several kilograms in weight in preparation for pre-season training.

The AFL would welcome the three-time Norm Smith medallist to Suns but Martin would likely miss out on any AFL ambassador money.

Despite his national profile and popularity with kids, it’s believed the AFL would be reluctant to pay Martin a Gary Ablett-type salary to promote the game in Queensland.

An ambassadorial package would require Martin to be available to all media to help promote the game and be open to various school and promotional visits.

His refusal to speak to the AFL media for the past decade would count against Martin if he was to pursue an ambassador’s role.

Martin played 302 games for the Tigers, including the 2017, 2019-20 premierships.

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post