Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  651
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1104
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

And I guess it only really matters if you believe in fairytales.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Darling has made it official he wants to be traded to North
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He's been a very good player and North need to some experienced types at the club but his best footy was more than a couple of years ago.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin-Dog View Post
    He was liking social media posts (most notably one by Israel Folau) saying gay people were condemned to hell. Gary Ablett Jr also did.

The post that drew everyone's attention a few years back was this:
    ?Warning ? Drunks, Homosexuals, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists, Idolaters. HELL AWAITS YOU. REPENT! ONLY JESUS SAVES?

It's one thing to believe this. It's another to openly like (and therefore promote your opinions) on a public social media profile.
    I think thats a long bow to draw. Raging homophobe because he possibly believes in the bible? So anyone that believes that homosexuality is sin is a raging homophobe then?

Its his social media profile & he should like whatever he likes. No employer has the power to control what you like or dislike outside the workplace.

So should we only get players on our list that follow all the acceptable things decided by the majority?

6. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Poor North. I mean, there's desperate, then there's this.

8. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Poor North. I mean, there's desperate, then there's this.
    Wonder how many picks the Eagles will give North to take him though.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

10. Likes Grantysghost, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I think thats a long bow to draw. Raging homophobe because he possibly believes in the bible? So anyone that believes that homosexuality is sin is a raging homophobe then?

Its his social media profile & he should like whatever he likes. No employer has the power to control what you like or dislike outside the workplace.

So should we only get players on our list that follow all the acceptable things decided by the majority?
    So anyone that believes that homosexuality is sin is a raging homophobe then?
    Yes

Nobody said that. I just said we shouldn't recruit people who hate others for their identity, especially when a good chunk of our AFLW team (and presumably some support staff) fits the description.

We shouldn't recruit ignorant ****wits who may cause issues with club culture. We parted ways with Stringer and Hunter because of how they impacted the playing group.

Regardless, Kennedy isn't that good of a player. Not someone you'd bother with considering the baggage

12. Likes EasternWest, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also a difference between 'believing the bible' and agreeing publicly that 'all homosexuals will go to hell'. Even putting aside the theological questions that could allow one to believe the former without the latter, general courtesy and empathy should probably come into play before proclaiming it to your followers in all caps.

Not that it matters in this case. Seems a better fit for Essendon in numerous ways.

14. Likes Virgin-Dog, EasternWest, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post

Actually employers DO have the right to control what is posted publicly social media if it is in conflict with the values of the organisation or the responsibilities of the role. As an example a person who worked in family violence policing who initiated, liked and commented approvingly on hate filled and violent misogynistic posts would be in strife.

Faith-based organisations are also able to legally discriminate against gay people. I recently worked with a gay man who had been a principal at a Catholic school and had never been able to bring his partner of more than 20 years to a school function. Our end of year dinner was the first time he’d ever been able to attend with his partner.

Sorry I know this is a trade rumours post but think this is worth being clear about.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

16. Likes hujsh, josie, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway I’m gonna stop engaging with people defending homophobia, this is a trade thread lol

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep clicking here for trade rumors and still nothing new.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to do a massive clean-up on this thread if the off topic conversations keep going. Discussions around Trade rumours are encouraged.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Thanks Grantysghost, Virgin-Dog, kickit2Koly thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nathan O?Driscoll set to stay at Fremantle.

Cal Twomey reporting.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

23. Thanks Uninformed, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Swans into Sam Frost according to Josh Gabelich (afl.com)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nathan O?Driscoll set to stay at Fremantle.

Cal Twomey reporting.
    LOL. We reliably dispense an invaluable service during the annual off-season player market and you'd think their agents could express a little more gratitude frankly.`
    BORDERLINE FLYING