Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  651
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2262636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1104
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nathan O?Driscoll set to stay at Fremantle.

Cal Twomey reporting.
    I was actually excited about this one. Thought he was low enough on the overall pecking order that it was a live chance.

2. Likes Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I was actually excited about this one. Thought he was low enough on the overall pecking order that it was a live chance.
    Same thought he was dogs goldilocks zone.
    I guess from the outside if you're seeing very good players leaving it might make you think twice.
    Long way to go there will be more in the Owies zone.

Post Thanks / Like

Very few incoming trade links indeed at the kennel, looks like all our efforts will be to get back into the the first round of the draft. We have seen this year how much influence first year players are having on the competition and considering our record with first rounders its our best chance to land a big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Very few incoming trade links indeed at the kennel, looks like all our efforts will be to get back into the the first round of the draft. We have seen this year how much influence first year players are having on the competition and considering our record with first rounders its our best chance to land a big fish.
    We were strongly linked with Barrass (Hawks), Houston & Peatling (both seem unlikely) and to a slightly lesser extent O'Driscoll (looks like re-signing). I'm sure more will emerge. I wouldn't say there have been very few trade links - it just feels like it's unlikely we make any major moves but you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why would a young guy who loves to "Party" want to live in Geelong???
    I know I wouldn't if I was 23 years old again.
    Most Geelong players don't live in Geelong
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Hind delisted & Stringer being shopped for reasons beyond just playing. Essendon unhappy with their choice of company...

Post Thanks / Like

If we do some form of an internal review at the end of season we really need to hone in on why we're not succeeding in getting these targets. Off the top of my head this year, we've chased and missed out on Holmes, Barrass, Peatling (not confirmed but likely) and O
    Driscoll. Some big names, some not so big. This is also while losing Smith, Macrae, and possibly Garcia and Daniel.

On a surface level, that shows that something isn't right with our recruiting strategy. We even have comp leading facilities now and need to make hay while the sun shines there before the next big club upgrades theirs and ours isn't the new and shiny toy anymore.

It's been said that Bevo is a little more old school in the way that he doesn't get involved with any potential recruits during the season out of "respect" for other teams, but when you see Mitchell do just that to swoop in and pluck Barrass away from us it proves that we're not cut-throat enough. The big clubs aren't in the league to be friendly, they're in it to win. Until we get on their level with aggressively poaching rival players we'll always be the feeder club. Even the saints are doing this with making their intentions known about Callaghan etc.

There's something a little off with our football department / board, or we don't have the right voices in place. There's far too much "everything is rosy" and "it will all work out" about our higher ups that don't translate well to a football environment that's as competitive as the AFL. We could do with some mongrel and a "I don't care if I step on some toes" attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable lack of awareness by Hind. Bro you are no where near good enough for shit like this.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Unbelievable lack of awareness by Hind. Bro you are no where near good enough for shit like this.
    I wonder what would have happened had Stringer not hit his contact extension benchmark.

Say what you will about Brad Scott, he doesn't take crap and he knows he needs to change culture. I think he gets a bit harshly judged sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I wonder what would have happened had Stringer not hit his contact extension benchmark.

Say what you will about Brad Scott, he doesn't take crap and he knows he needs to change culture. I think he gets a bit harshly judged sometimes.
    It really appears that Essendon want him to leave and even if he stays at the club next year he's going to need to impress a lot of people before they play him in the seniors.

Good on Brad Scott for taking a hard stance.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes Mofra, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It really appears that Essendon want him to leave and even if he stays at the club next year he's going to need to impress a lot of people before they play him in the seniors.

Good on Brad Scott for taking a hard stance.
    I've said to Essendon mates I won't take you seriously until you get rid of stringer.
    Now I'm worried the good times are over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hind delisted & Stringer being shopped for reasons beyond just playing. Essendon unhappy with their choice of company...
    At least Jake has graduated from hanging around the high schools to hanging around gangsters.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    At least Jake has graduated from hanging around the high schools to hanging around gangsters.
    I don?t think they are mutually exclusive. Is it that much of a stretch to think he is channeling the ?why not both? taco girl?

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I don?t think they are mutually exclusive. Is it that much of a stretch to think he is channeling the ?why not both? taco girl?
    No that ad is pretty old. She'd be well past high school by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    No that ad is pretty old. She'd be well past high school by now.
    Correct, she's 23.

What the girl behind iconic advertisement looks like now