Thanks Thanks:  359
Likes Likes:  2,283
Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204205206207208209210211212213214
Results 3,196 to 3,208 of 3208
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't care if we cop a bad wrap in the media and we should be prepared to ride out a difficult trade period
    I'm happy with this - but if we are clear going in then we wont cop criticism.

It's well worth the club - it should be Sam Power with Bevo alongside him - coming out and doing a trade primer presser. ALL of the talk will be about Smith. It should be all love and kisses from us and we should 100% include a video montage of all of his great on-field moments that finishes with "The Bulldogs want to thank Bailey for his xx games of incredible service"...and a statement showing all of his achievements.

Bevo should then talk about the role Bailey has played in our side - that outside/inside role, and talk about how the role that Richards moved into during 2024 was the one we had ear-marked for Baz etc...the plan was always to build his game from the outside in and now he is entering his prime he should be ready to go...he's going to be an amazing player and how we aren't looking forward to seeing a line-up where the oppo includes his name.

Hand back to Power - talk about similar players and the draft capital exchanged...make it C-L-E-A-R.

Geelong are going to offer unders but if WE DO THE WORK for the media, they will 100% allow us too and quote us...

If we take the 'strong, silent approach' as we did with Dunkley then we are going to get raked over the coals again. I don't understand why we don't get on the front foot with this and try and win the media over.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

It's well worth the club - it should be Sam Power with Bevo alongside him - coming out and doing a trade primer presser. ALL of the talk will be about Smith. It should be all love and kisses from us and we should 100% include a video montage of all of his great on-field moments that finishes with "The Bulldogs want to thank Bailey for his xx games of incredible service"...and a statement showing all of his achievements.

Bevo should then talk about the role Bailey has played in our side - that outside/inside role, and talk about how the role that Richards moved into during 2024 was the one we had ear-marked for Baz etc...the plan was always to build his game from the outside in and now he is entering his prime he should be ready to go...he's going to be an amazing player and how we aren't looking forward to seeing a line-up where the oppo includes his name.

Hand back to Power - talk about similar players and the draft capital exchanged...make it C-L-E-A-R.

Geelong are going to offer unders but if WE DO THE WORK for the media, they will 100% allow us too and quote us...

If we take the 'strong, silent approach' as we did with Dunkley then we are going to get raked over the coals again. I don't understand why we don't get on the front foot with this and try and win the media over.
    Bevo's ongoing war and inability to "use" the media is part of it. Too emotional; play 4d chess Luke!

He doesn't have a good relationship with any of the big hitters. Kane, Barrett, Morris.

He has been better this year, and used them well on 360 standing up for Weightman that definitely galvanised the players.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an outstanding post.Who do we email this to en masse?

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Communication is the key. When the Dunkley trade request happened I can recall Power talking to the media and saying we are flexible with our requests with picks this year or next and even players being included would be considered.

We need to talk up Smith as a player and make it clear we aren't going to lowering our expectations on what we should receive.
    Picks this year and next and/or a player being added to the trade will be considered.
    Mackie already has a reputation of being a stubborn negotiator so the Media will likely focus on that if we are upfront with our requirements.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Communication is the key. When the Dunkley trade request happened I can recall Power talking to the media and saying we are flexible with our requests with picks this year or next and even players being included would be considered.

We need to talk up Smith as a player and make it clear we aren't going to lowering our expectations on what we should receive.
    Picks this year and next and/or a player being added to the trade will be considered.
    Mackie already has a reputation of being a stubborn negotiator so the Media will likely focus on that if we are upfront with our requirements.
    This is what I was saying a few pages back, we need to sell Smith and get the best deal. Even see if other clubs are willing to talk to him and sell their Club and convince Smith Geelong is not the only club out there. As Aza said, he is a perfect fit for Sydney the club and Sydney the City.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't we have a pick before geelong in the PSD anyway? So if we do run with the PSD threat, we just say sorry Baz it looks like you're with us again, bad luck and we'll go again next year to a team who will actually be reasonable. If we move on Macrae and Daniel we'd have the stupid cash he'd put on his head anyway. Funniest thing is he's a player in a position of need, so it wouldn't even bite us to re-draft him before he got to the cats.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countrydog5 View Post
    Wouldn't we have a pick before geelong in the PSD anyway? So if we do run with the PSD threat, we just say sorry Baz it looks like you're with us again, bad luck and we'll go again next year to a team who will actually be reasonable. If we move on Macrae and Daniel we'd have the stupid cash he'd put on his head anyway. Funniest thing is he's a player in a position of need, so it wouldn't even bite us to re-draft him before he got to the cats.
    I think there is some obscure agreement with the PA that clubs won't do that. In my opinion it's a card that we shouldn't play.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think they would take him in the national rather than the pre-season draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by my plums View Post
    Where we don't have a first round pick

13. Likes my plums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is that case? I know it happened with Ball but it didn't happen with Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Why is that case? I know it happened with Ball but it didn't happen with Martin.
    They could take him with their first rounder in the national. Riskier in the PSD maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bevo's ongoing war and inability to "use" the media is part of it. Too emotional; play 4d chess Luke!

He doesn't have a good relationship with any of the big hitters. Kane, Barrett, Morris.

He has been better this year, and used them well on 360 standing up for Weightman that definitely galvanised the players.
    Agreed we've been very vanilla at every trade period since McCartney left.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

They could take him with their first rounder in the national. Riskier in the PSD maybe?
    It's an easy free hit for like 14 other clubs if they have the cap space. Maybe you get Smith invested, maybe you get some free draft picks next year when you trade him. Also we could pick him. In the national draft you have to lose something to pick a guy that doesn't want to be there. Way less chance someone picks him before Geelong's first pick there but not without risk