Thanks Thanks:  151
Likes Likes:  872
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1493
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Looks like they turned it into Jezza the cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Remember when the whole football world presumed Buddy was going to GWS but he ended up at the Swans?
    Some jungle drums beating re Bazlenka and the Tigers. Right age profile. Big club with massive media exposure and fan base. He would immediately be the biggest name at the club. If he wants brand attention there it is. They have the draft picks. They have the salary space. B Smith to the Tigers is huge headline news. Watch this space
    I can't imagine Baz heading to a club that is not in the premiership mix right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Depends on who they missed out on with those picks.
    2019 14 - (16) Cooper Stephens
    2019 24 - (traded to gold coast for a future mid first rounder which was used for Jezza, 27) Jeremy Sharp
    2019 33 - traded to Crows for Josh Jenkins
    2020 F1 - (traded to GWS in Jeremy Cameron deal, 18) Ryan Angwin

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    2019 14 - (16) Cooper Stephens
    2019 24 - (traded to gold coast for a future mid first rounder which was used for Jezza, 27) Jeremy Sharp
    2019 33 - traded to Crows for Josh Jenkins
    2020 F1 - (traded to GWS in Jeremy Cameron deal, 18) Ryan Angwin
    Jeez. That's some average drafting!

Amazingly the two teams involved did ok, the people they dragged in not so good.

Post Thanks / Like

Do Freo really need another midfielder on top of Serong, Brayshaw and Young? Bolton also likely to come in and play some mid time. Not sure how they afford it either with Kelly and Bolton on massive contracts (both estimated at $1 million plus in 2024) on top of their near $2 million tied up in 2 rucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Was he fully fit though? I know he was fit enough to return to the VFL but he had missed close to a month after minor knee surgery. Although it was surprising he wasn't selected it is also somewhat understandable they decided not to risk a potentially underdone player in finals combined with a downturn in form this year.

Ask Naughton what he thinks of SDK - from memory he has struggled to get a kick against him in prior years. I wouldn't write him off after 1 down season.
    Has it been one down season, or was 2022 his only up season so far? He's clearly behind all of Guthrie, Henry and Kolo right now - you could add Blicavs and Stewart to the mix (different types and ages to be fair). I'm just not sure SDK is totally bankable yet as a long-term KP defender.

SDK has better PR outside the club, but Guthrie is a better performed key defender IMO, and he has really been made to earn his spot. Henry is better as well.

Always beware trading in Geelong players because they end up maximum cost and inferior output to their reputation.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Has it been one down season, or was 2022 his only up season so far? He's clearly behind all of Guthrie, Henry and Kolo right now - you could add Blicavs and Stewart to the mix (different types and ages to be fair). I'm just not sure SDK is totally bankable yet as a long-term KP defender.

SDK has better PR outside the club, but Guthrie is a better performed key defender IMO, and he has really been made to earn his spot. Henry is better as well.

Always beware trading in Geelong players because they end up maximum cost and inferior output to their reputation.
    I was more just making the point that there was more to SDK missing the finals than he's just no good and not in their best 22. I reckon he is still a big part of Geelong's plans.

Guthrie has been a big improver but he's only 188cm and not a KPD. Henry and Kolo are short for for KPDs at 192/193. I know there is an element of if you are good enough you are are tall enough but it's a risky lineup with those 3 as your 3 KPDs against the +200cm KPFs. I think SDK is still in their ideal lineup and the other 3 still all play.

Post Thanks / Like

Guthrie is only 186cm and from what I've seen doesn't really play like a kpd. I agree that the cats would pick him (and kolo, Henry, Stewart, Blicavs) ahead of SDK, but I don't think that's really a knock on him - they're just good players!

Post Thanks / Like

Twoomey saying he thinks it's between Dogs, Crows or staying at Giants for Peatling.

Giants upped offer to 4 years so I'd kind of expect he stays

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Twoomey saying he thinks it's between Dogs, Crows or staying at Giants for Peatling.

Giants upped offer to 4 years so I'd kind of expect he stays
    Seemingly the only reason he has looked around was the gulf between the GWS offer and other clubs. If the orange team has largely closed the gap it feels like he is unlikely to leave being a Sydney local.

Post Thanks / Like

SDK apparently not interested in a trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I was more just making the point that there was more to SDK missing the finals than he's just no good and not in their best 22. I reckon he is still a big part of Geelong's plans.

Guthrie has been a big improver but he's only 188cm and not a KPD. Henry and Kolo are short for for KPDs at 192/193. I know there is an element of if you are good enough you are are tall enough but it's a risky lineup with those 3 as your 3 KPDs against the +200cm KPFs. I think SDK is still in their ideal lineup and the other 3 still all play.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Guthrie is only 186cm and from what I've seen doesn't really play like a kpd. I agree that the cats would pick him (and kolo, Henry, Stewart, Blicavs) ahead of SDK, but I don't think that's really a knock on him - they're just good players!
    All fair points on the surface - SDK as a quality key defender looks good on paper. Just not sure the external noise/reputation has matched the on-field output, especially in the last 2 years. He was excellent in 2022 to be fair, but I just beware ever dealing with Geelong at the trade table for a player who is not in their best line-up but you know you will have to pay top value to get him.

Give me a bankable 188cm tallish/hybrid defender over a 198cm key defender who is not as strong at the contest. The 188cm defender can also take the nipsies, who are becoming even more of a threat than the big dogs in the modern game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke Parker has requested a trade to North Melbourne.

16. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    All fair points on the surface - SDK as a quality key defender looks good on paper. Just not sure the external noise/reputation has matched the on-field output, especially in the last 2 years. He was excellent in 2022 to be fair, but I just beware ever dealing with Geelong at the trade table for a player who is not in their best line-up but you know you will have to pay top value to get him.

Give me a bankable 188cm tallish/hybrid defender over a 198cm key defender who is not as strong at the contest. The 188cm defender can also take the nipsies, who are becoming even more of a threat than the big dogs in the modern game.
    In theory - Is he worth a direct swap with Smith? No wheeling and dealing, just a swap.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In theory - Is he worth a direct swap with Smith? No wheeling and dealing, just a swap.
    We'd have to give them something back considering he's in contract.