Thanks Thanks:  384
Likes Likes:  2,419
Page 227 of 228 FirstFirst ... 127177217218219220221222223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3410
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

There’s no “rule” the club could have applied to prevent this. The real moment that spelled doom for us was Cotton On sponsoring Smith. That was a massive red flag even at the time and if you could change anything you’d trade him after you saw that.

Geelong are absolute pricks and the double standard around them is disgusting. I was gobsmacked when they missed finals in 2023 and the commentators for that game lauded them, talked about how valiant they had been that year. Any other club misses finals in their premiership defence and the media shits all over them. You can’t do anything about this except beat them on the field. Once they come sniffing for one of your guys you have to trade him ASAP. Otherwise he does an ACL and then you get tuppence and have to contend with him in Kardinia Park the next year.

2. Likes Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IF we do not trade Smith and send him to the draft.

THEN we must be concerned of other players pulling a similar tactic in the future.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Interesting five minute listen on Bailey Smith's value.

Mark Bickley is one of the few who is not following the company line.

Funnily enough Barrett agreed with Luke Beveridge without actually knowing it.

https://megaphone.link/NTETP6607848726
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

From CodeSports

Premiership Magpie Luke Ball has urged Geelong to trade for Bailey Smith instead of dragging him through the national draft, admitting he briefly pondered retiring as he waited in limbo back in 2009.

Smith might have to run the gauntlet of the national draft 15 years on as the Dogs and Geelong haggle on his worth.

St Kilda would not trade Ball to Collingwood for pick 25 and stood its ground, with his manager Paul Connors eventually orchestrating the move that saw him put into the national draft where every club overlooked him until the Pies swooped at selection 30.

Collingwood believed it had a fair offer for 25-year-old Ball and while he got to the Pies and became a premiership hero he admits it was an anxiety-ridden two-month wait.

The Cats are standing firm on the offer of pick 17 for departing Dog Smith, adamant no club would pick the No. 7 draft pick if he was put into the national draft.

But for Smith, who has been open about his mental health battles, it would be by far the worst-case scenario given he would need to wait until late November for his future to be decided.

Ball, who coached Smith at Xavier College as a teenager, told the Herald Sun there were times he wondered if he might just return to local footy during that unenviable period.

"I wish I had half the appeal of Bailey Smith on or off the field, but from a player’s point of view, it wasn't a nice period in my career. You are in limbo and while he has a good man by his side in Paul Connors, you are relying on them a bit," he said.

"He would have lots of time for his thoughts. From a physical point of view there is no issue with training by himself for a long period of time.

"But I remember thinking, ‘Maybe this is the world telling me I need to go back to St Kilda’.

"By the end of November I would have been happy to go anywhere. I was sick of it. I wanted to get on with it.

"It was tough. I went through a range of emotions and I was working with a personal trainer and having a kick with the guys from Old Xavs and there were moments where I was thinking, ‘F*** it, should I get on with my life and play with these blokes?’ It was challenging but he will trust his manager and he has to get his head around the fact that a curve ball might be thrown in at the last minute."

Ball is a huge advocate of Smith’s potential and believes while both clubs are right to stand their ground early in the trade period they will find a win-win deal.

"Is the onus on Geelong or the Dogs, who don’t want to get nothing for him? If I was Richmond I would be taking him. They will have multiple picks inside 17. But Geelong have a pretty good record of getting their man," he said.

“But I remember thinking, ‘Maybe this is the world telling me I need to go back to St Kilda’.

"By the end of November I would have been happy to go anywhere. I was sick of it. I wanted to get on with it.

"It was tough. I went through a range of emotions and I was working with a personal trainer and having a kick with the guys from Old Xavs and there were moments where I was thinking, ‘F*** it, should I get on with my life and play with these blokes?’ It was challenging but he will trust his manager and he has to get his head around the fact that a curve ball might be thrown in at the last minute.”

Ball is a huge advocate of Smith’s potential and believes while both clubs are right to stand their ground early in the trade period they will find a win-win deal.

"Is the onus on Geelong or the Dogs, who don’t want to get nothing for him? If I was Richmond I would be taking him. They will have multiple picks inside 17. But Geelong have a pretty good record of getting their man,” he said.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey causing a bit of a stir on social media replying back to a dogs fan. A bit demeaning.

I don't think I could hate the guy any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Bailey causing a bit of a stir on social media replying back to a dogs fan. A bit demeaning.

Do tell........
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Goes to show that a $200000 education ain’t worth much.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

IDK how one keeps track of where replies are on Instagram (because I'm so old I know how to use forums and pirate TV shows rather than use social media) so if you're gonna tease us you need to give more info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    IDK how one keeps track of where replies are on Instagram (because I'm so old I know how to use forums and pirate TV shows rather than use social media) so if you're gonna tease us you need to give more info.
    I honestly thought Insta was solely for thirsting after people you could never attain, rather than communicating with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I honestly thought Insta was solely for thirsting after people you could never attain, rather than communicating with them.
    Nah. That’s WOOF.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nah. That’s WOOF.
    You stupid, sexy bastard.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nah. That’s WOOF.
    SSEW and his repeat jokes

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    SSEW and his repeat jokes
    Ha ha.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Do tell........
    I don't know how to upload images on here but you'll find it on our subreddit.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how to upload images on here but you'll find it on our subreddit.
    Nobody knows how to post images. And what the hell is a subreddit? ****en nets mate.