Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confirmed Trades - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In summary:

*Carlton receives:
    A first-round pick (currently No.14)

Hawthorn receives:
    A future first-round pick (tied to Carlton) and a future second-round pick (tied to Carlton)
    --------------------------------------

*Brisbane Lions receive:
    A second-round pick (currently No.34) and a fourth-round pick (currently No.66)

Carlton receive:
    A fourth-round pick (currently No.73) and a future second-round pick (tied to Brisbane)

------------------------------------------
    * Richmond receives:
    A first-round pick (currently No.20)

Brisbane Lions receive:
    two second-round picks (currently No.32 and 42) and two third-round picks (currently No.43 and 45)

------------------------------------
    Carlton banking on finishing high next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Carlton banking on finishing high next season.
    Also, not sure what the hell Hawks are doing?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno I think that’s a canny trade. Pretty much a second rounder for free.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they think they can get back in to this year somehow? Not sure how they get Barrass in, I would have thought as others have said they'd want players in now.

12 months in the system in a deep draft has to be a lot more attractive to the WCE than futures.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the Eagles wanted something very similar to what's been proposed on here for Smith.

STUNNER TURNS TRADE PERIOD ON ITS HEAD

Jon Ralph
    Hawthorn has traded its no.14 draft pick for Carlton?s future first and second-round picks in a development that has turned the trade period on its head.

The Hawks were understood to feel they were being urged to pay too much for Eagles defender Tom Barrass so progressed on a separate deal with Carlton.

The Eagles wanted the Hawks No.14 pick and their future first-round pick but would have given their future second round pick back.

Trading out pick 14 to Carlton means the only way the Hawks could get a Barrass deal done would be by using future picks.

They have their own future first-rounder, the Carlton future first-rounder and the Carlton second-rounder.

That development means West Coast would not have the trade collateral for Liam Baker, who might end up being traded to Fremantle.

The Dockers could be prepared to pass on pick 10 or 11 to Richmond for Baker.

He is aware of the fact that the Eagles might not have the trade collateral to get that deal done, with Richmond not interested in a pick slide with the Eagles No.3 draft pick.

It means the Blues would have picks 12 and 14 and would be able to again get back into the race for Dan Houston.

They needed to offer pick 12 and a sweeter for Houston and would keep pick 14 to take to the national draft.

Collingwood has said it is only prepared to give up pick 13 and Joe Richards for Houston and would not hand over the No.23 pick if it secured that selection from the Suns in a trade for its future first rounder and John Noble.

7. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So why not just trade 12 and a f2 for Houston? It kind of feels like they threw that f2 away for no reason.

If I were Eagles I'd be expecting both those F1s now with no 2nd back.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. On the one hand Bailey is 23 and not 28 but on the other is out of contract vs Barrass in contract.

I would say we have less bargaining power than the Eagles given the contract situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So why not just trade 12 and a f2 for Houston? It kind of feels like they threw that f2 away for no reason.

If I were Eagles I'd be expecting both those F1s now with no 2nd back.
    Yep the Eagles have to hold firm now the Hawks have been complete dicks. There's a massive badge of entitlement being worn by those teams that have "secured" the rose from the player Bachelorette style.

What a dumb system! Stop the nominations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yep the Eagles have to hold firm now the Hawks have been complete dicks. There's a massive badge of entitlement being worn by those teams that have "secured" the rose from the player Bachelorette style.

What a dumb system! Stop the nominations.
    Hawks have done what lions did to us with Dunkley. Difference is Dunkley was out of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Hawks have done what lions did to us with Dunkley. Difference is Dunkley was out of contract.
    West Coast should walk away.

Ring Tom - let him know when training starts and tell him he is staying at Lathlain Park. Do it as a video call and post it to their socials. I would be keen to use the words:

"I know Hawthorn have made a commitment to you - but we have been clear with them from the start. 2x First Round picks - including 1x this year - and we would give back a future 2nd. They have not honoured that commitment and we will not deal with terrorists (I would prefer the word dickheads but you know how this goes)...".

Make it look like one of those "Little Johnny is playing his first game" videos all the clubs seem to love so much.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Hawks will offer those picks acquired from Carlton for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I think Hawks will offer those picks acquired from Carlton for him.
    And they should tell Hawthorn to take a flying leap.

They're in a rebuild NOW. What is the point of waiting another 12-months to turn one of their key assets into young players.

What a joke.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    West Coast should walk away.

Ring Tom - let him know when training starts and tell him he is staying at Lathlain Park. Do it as a video call and post it to their socials. I would be keen to use the words:

"I know Hawthorn have made a commitment to you - but we have been clear with them from the start. 2x First Round picks - including 1x this year - and we would give back a future 2nd. They have not honoured that commitment and we will not deal with terrorists (I would prefer the word dickheads but you know how this goes)...".

Make it look like one of those "Little Johnny is playing his first game" videos all the clubs seem to love so much.
    In reality, teams do need to start calling these bluffs. Until they do it’ll keep happening

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    In reality, teams do need to start calling these bluffs. Until they do it’ll keep happening
    Absolutely, and the Eagles are in the perfect position to make it happen. He's 29 and contracted for another 3 seasons, realistically, they can hold him to that and he finishes as an Eagle for life.

I don't get the hand-wringing about Barrass not being happy with his contract. He should sack his manager but at the end of the day, he put pen to paper on a long-term deal that saw him paid unders.